Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
InterconKW
Post subject: Two Historical Chinese WarshipsPosted: November 28th, 2018, 2:11 pm
New SB user here (but long term watcher), decided to join after a casual project with some of my friends got mentioned on the Shipbucket Discord server.

Here are two more recent works I have done, of some local ships that seem rather obscure. Hope I used the templates right.

Torpedo Boat 伥風

[ img ]

The Chang Feng-class were three German-built large torpedo boats (I believe based on S-90) that were purchased for the Imperial Chinese Navy in the 1910s. Their service histories are rather undocumented and I'm working on putting them together where possible. Notably, these vessels could reach speeds of 37 knots on VTEs. Chang Feng herself was wrecked by a grounding in the early 1920s and the rest of the vessels in limited maintenance were sunk in the Second Sino-Japanese War.

Protected Cruiser 海圻

[ img ]

Hai Chi and sister ship Hai Tian (海天) were two Armstrong Protected cruisers recieved in 1899, and were rather efficient vessels for their size with 24 knot speeds and fairly heavy armament- 2 8" and 10 4.7" guns and 24 knot speeds. Firstly, the current bow shape is wrong but I'm not bent on correcting it yet (my only source on these vessels gives a ram length of 9 meters- I'm inclined to believe the real value was nearer to 9 feet). Hai Chi is displayed here in her original camouflage.

Hai Tian was lost in a grounding accident in 1904. In 1911 Hai Chi visited the UK and the US, at that time the only modern Chinese vessel to do so, and later was integrated into the Republic of China Navy. She was scuttled during the Second Sino-Japanese war and broken up after.

Feel free to comment on these two vessels.

In my free time I might share some other artworks and projects, but that is for another day o7

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Two Historical Chinese WarshipsPosted: November 28th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Not bad for a start, but you should know to put them first in Beginner section of forum.

You left red line on border of template and I would pick a bigger one for the Hai Chi class.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Two Historical Chinese WarshipsPosted: November 29th, 2018, 1:40 am
Hi, InterconKW . Welcome to the bucket! Maybe, you can find the real figure of the ram with the data of the LOA and the LBP. Cheers!

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Two Historical Chinese WarshipsPosted: November 29th, 2018, 1:07 pm
Can you use traditional Chinese for the ship name?

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
InterconKW
Post subject: Re: Two Historical Chinese WarshipsPosted: November 29th, 2018, 3:23 pm
Re-uploaded with the border fixed and traditional names.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
1143M
Post subject: Re: Two Historical Chinese WarshipsPosted: December 1st, 2018, 4:25 pm
Your drawing is inaccurate,I guess you are tracing a side view which searching from Google,But the picture is wrong.

不要迷信外网,海研会顾伟欣作的海圻的线图是目前最准确的,推荐参考一下。

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Two Historical Chinese WarshipsPosted: December 1st, 2018, 7:25 pm
I think your can base yours drawings on those ones:
[ img ]
[ img ]
Most of the ships of this tread are inspired or directly "copied" of OTL russian or chinese ship.
If my guess is right, those two one are the one your trying to draw, in disguise.
Quite often Gollevainen draw very accurate real ships he only use in alternate universe.

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
juergen klueser
Post subject: Re: Two Historical Chinese WarshipsPosted: January 12th, 2019, 12:10 pm
Very misleading, there was no Bekas/Albatros class of this design in 1900. Mixing alternative and real universe ...

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Two Historical Chinese WarshipsPosted: January 12th, 2019, 2:20 pm
And there was no Far Eastern Empire also in 1900....Outside my AU project which these last couple drawings are taken. Now I usually do post a disaclaimer that people would understand that they are just my own imagination stuff for the AU but when I made these, I tough people would be smart enough to understand what AU's means and so on...

....Guess I was wrong...

So THESE IMAGES ARE NOT TO BE USED AS REFERENCE TO ANY REAL LIFE SHIPBUCKET DRAWINGS!

Sorry for the caps ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Two Historical Chinese WarshipsPosted: January 12th, 2019, 6:44 pm
juergen klueser wrote: *
Very misleading, there was no Bekas/Albatros class of this design in 1900. Mixing alternative and real universe ...
I meant that, to me, those alternate universe design were based on the chinese ships InterconKW is drawing. i didn't meant they had the same name!
Gollevainen wrote: *
And there was no Far Eastern Empire also in 1900....Outside my AU project which these last couple drawings are taken. Now I usually do post a disaclaimer that people would understand that they are just my own imagination stuff for the AU but when I made these, I tough people would be smart enough to understand what AU's means and so on...

....Guess I was wrong...

So THESE IMAGES ARE NOT TO BE USED AS REFERENCE TO ANY REAL LIFE SHIPBUCKET DRAWINGS!

Sorry for the caps ;)
I'm i wrong in saying that the bekas is based on real life Chang Feng (or one of it sisterships Fu Po and Fei Hung) and Tigr on real life Hai Chi (or Hai Tien)?
To me it makes perfect sense to use real design of chinese and russian ships for an imaginary country who seats between real china and russia..........

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: