Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Destroyer Type 45 (Daring class)Posted: December 4th, 2018, 9:47 pm
emperor_andreas wrote: *
VERY nice work!
Thanx my Friend ;) :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Destroyer Type 45 (Daring class)Posted: December 4th, 2018, 9:50 pm
Thank you so much Mist ... your advice for improvement is very valuable. This is exactly what I need.

Last edited by Ro-Po Max on December 5th, 2018, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Destroyer Type 45 (Daring class)Posted: December 5th, 2018, 8:52 am
Wonderful work Ro-Po.
I know these have been drawn many times now, but this is perhaps artistically the most advanced drawings we've had.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Destroyer Type 45 (Daring class)Posted: December 5th, 2018, 11:02 am
The SAMPSON array is, sorry to say it, wrong. From the side the radar faces and their covers are straight, not curved. The lower array, incidentally, being the correct size.

[ img ]

And we have standard parts for the cannons, the harpoon and the S1850M radar for a reason...

If you wish to submit new parts, then do so, but please don't be special just because you can. That's literally not what shipbucket is about.
Hood wrote: *
Wonderful work Ro-Po.
I know these have been drawn many times now, but this is perhaps artistically the most advanced drawings we've had.
Well yes. And it was pointed out earlier this year that perhaps it would be better if people didn't do that. Literally earlier this year Waterwings redrew the whole thing.
http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6360

"Just because it looks nice" shouldn't be sufficient reason to redo perfectly good drawings time and time again.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Destroyer Type 45 (Daring class)Posted: December 5th, 2018, 11:19 am
Everyone knows ... all parts, I do myself. But thanks for the remark (radar).

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Destroyer Type 45 (Daring class)Posted: December 5th, 2018, 11:23 am
I draw what I like ... and dozens of good ships just can't be here (they are already drawn). Maybe I'll show in new topic.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Destroyer Type 45 (Daring class)Posted: December 5th, 2018, 2:32 pm
MihoshiK wrote: *
"Just because it looks nice" shouldn't be sufficient reason to redo perfectly good drawings time and time again.
On the other hand, "that's already been drawn, so you don't get to draw it later for yourself" is by far my least favorite idea I see regularly expressed here.

If somebody really likes T45, or whatever, and wants to draw it in this style on their own time, I'd personally like to see what they produce.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Destroyer Type 45 (Daring class)Posted: December 5th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Yes... there is no rule that says you can't redraw a certain ship dozens of times ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Destroyer Type 45 (Daring class)Posted: December 5th, 2018, 10:58 pm
Fantastic programme on BBC1 at the moment following HMS Duncan on her last deployment in the Black Sea and the Mediterranean, where the camera crew pretty much has access all areas.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Destroyer Type 45 (Daring class)Posted: December 6th, 2018, 9:08 am
MihoshiK wrote: *
And we have standard parts for the cannons, the harpoon and the S1850M radar for a reason...
I have to say, I think we have come a long way from the origins of Shipbucket. Sure, the common parts we have ease drawing and make standardisation across drawings much easier to give the shipbucket 'feel', but a lot of artists are producing quite sophisticated art now with shading and detailing we never dreamed of a decade ago.

Trying to make some parts fit the advanced shading techniques and style some advanced artists like Ro-Po are using would require them to heavily recolour and modify them anyway otherwise the parts would stand out like a sore thumb.

I don't think kitbashing the latest drawings is feasible any more, you could take a 2006 MConrads drawing and mash it up or modify it pretty easily*. Trying to kitbash a latest Garlicdesign cruiser or Ro-Po Type 45 is going to take so long you might as well draw a completely fictional design from scratch. interestingly if you see Shipbucket mash-ups on the internet, they are almost always the older drawings with the garish red hulls and hideous stock propellers.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: