Greek Unprotected Cruiser RHNS Navarchos Miaoulis 1880
Navarchos Miaoulis (Admiral Miaoulis) was a 1,820 ton Greek masted cruiser named for the admiral Andreas Miaoulis, the leader of the Greek rebels' fleet during the Greek War of Independence (1821-1829).
Navarchos Miaoulis was built by Forges et Chantiers de la Méditerranée on 1877-79 in France as part of Greece program of naval expansion after the unsuccessful Cretan uprising of 1866. She was soon rendered operationally obsolete with the acquisition of newer, faster and larger ships such as the battleship Spetsai and was made into a training ship. She served on active duty in this capacity until decommissioned in 1931.
Displacement: 1,820 MT
Length: 75 m
Beam: 11 m
Draught: 4.4 m
Propulsion: sail; one propeller 2,400 hp
Speed: 13.5 kts
3 × 6.7-inch (170 mm)/25 calibre guns in single mounts (sides and aft)
1 × 6.7-inch (170 mm)/20 calibre gun (chasing gun)
6 × 37 mm (1 in) 1-pounder guns in single mounts (Bridge wings and sides below Lifeboats)