[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
Karle94
Post subject: Almirante Latorre: A Chilean Super-DreadnoughtPosted: March 13th, 2019, 11:38 pm
By popular demand, and by that I mean a couple of people. I have decided to do the Almirante Latorre. The Chilean battleship that was originally finished as the HMS Canada. Under this guise she served in the Grand Fleet from 1915 til the wars end. She was finally sold back to Chile in 1920. The construction her sistership, the Almirante Cochrane was halted in 1915, and she remained unfineshed til 1918, when she was sold, and eventually converted into the carrier HMS Eagle. The Almirante Latorre class was the only ship in the Royal Navy that sported 14 inch guns. Latorre went into a 2 year refit period in Britain in 1929, and served until 1958, and scrapped in Japan in 1959.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Almirante Latorre: A Chilean Super-DreadnoughtPosted: March 14th, 2019, 8:57 am
Awesome job! Will you be doing a post-refit version as well, or is there no significant difference to warrant a second drawing?

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Almirante Latorre: A Chilean Super-DreadnoughtPosted: March 14th, 2019, 3:14 pm
Her refit saw her masts cut down, similar to how she appeared when she was HMS Canada. Also, she had a fully enclosed metal bridge added. I'm guessing some form of AA guns were added. Wikipedia did not state what was changed, just that she had her refit done.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Almirante Latorre: A Chilean Super-DreadnoughtPosted: March 17th, 2019, 8:07 pm
Good work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: