Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: Sailships of the Armada EspañolaPosted: May 27th, 2019, 8:22 am
Another lovely drawing, a wonderful piece of art. You certainly have a skill for sailing ships.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Sailships of the Armada EspañolaPosted: May 27th, 2019, 4:57 pm
Thank you. They' re laborious but if there' s documentation don't have special difficulty. In addition the rigs changed so much that it is not necessary to be exact either.

Now I have a project with much less documentation, of type rarely seen in Shipbucket.

Greetings

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Sailships of the Armada EspañolaPosted: May 29th, 2019, 3:40 pm
Marvelous work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Sailships of the Armada EspañolaPosted: May 29th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Thanks!

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Sailships of the Armada EspañolaPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 2:23 pm
Galley Real (1771)

[ img ]

The galley Real (Royal) was the flagship of the fleet of the Holy League (Spain, the Pope States, Venice, Genoa, the Order of Malta and Savoy) which defeated the Turkish fleet in the battle of Lepanto (1571), the largest naval battle in history by the number of participants (although it is possible that in Leyte there was more).

The Real was built in the Ataranazas (shipyards) of Barcelona and moved to Seville to be decorated. It was the biggest galley of its time, but in spite of its dimensions was very light. Before the battle the bow was cut to improve the artillery fire. During the battle had to be pushed by three other galleys. He defeated and captured the Turkish flagship, but she was badly damaged and sank days later in Messina harbor.

In 1971 a replica was built and exhibited in the Naval Museum of Barcelona. Although was made with the original plans, probably had great differences with the original. This drawing is based on the replica. There are some disagreement with the dimensions: although the length was indicated to be 60 m, there is no mention of whether it was the total or the flotation. Other docs show a scale that is reproduced here.

Greetings

Last edited by Yqueleden on June 18th, 2019, 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Sailships of the Armada EspañolaPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 2:57 pm
hm... wow

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Sailships of the Armada EspañolaPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 5:49 pm
Wow, really nice drawing! Incredible piece of pixel art! I am astonished by the details in the several flags of the catholic coalition (Liga Santa). May I ask if you had seen the replica in Barcelona? Cheers!

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Sailships of the Armada EspañolaPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 7:49 pm
Yes, I saw her many years ago. Many many ago.

Above the flags, the original pennant is preserved, and it's a silk piece with very complex gold decorations. That's why I haven't added any shades, it's quite difficult what it is.

Although it's a replica, it is one of the few ships of the time that can be admired in museums. This was needed in the bucket.

Greetings

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Sailships of the Armada EspañolaPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 8:47 pm
An amazing piece of artwork. Greatly appreciated that you had shared this beautiful drawing.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Sailships of the Armada EspañolaPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 8:57 pm
Simply stunning!

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: