Just come home from work, it's late and I'm not drunk but tired. But anyway....
just some small nitpick, it's easy to get awestruck by an good drawing, and forget small details or things you/we/etc. forget...:
- shading on the funnel. Is the main light source coming from behind or in from the front. The main superstructure and the Hangar superstructure, says that the main light source come in from the front...
- The shading of the funnel could perhaps show that it's more round than flat, but that is up to the artist judgment. (don't go overboard, simple is always best)
- the bow and stern shading is a little dark and in a different color style to the hull color, making it standing a lot out, perhaps to much. But it is not to me to judge that.
- the shading on the bow, indicate that the bow is overhanging massively (hanging several meters out from the bow), pictures shows it is not:
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1329298/image ... cebook.jpg
https://cdn10.picryl.com/photo/1986/09/ ... a-1600.jpg
-Stern is flat, the shading indicate it's more round than what it is. I would have flatten the shading more.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/95/48/0c ... 795e19.jpg
-the overhang on the forward superstructure have very little shading, while the overhang on the stern superstructure under hangar have a lot of shading, make it a little unbalanced, should be a little more balanced between those two areas.
- I would draw welding lines in the hull, you would be able to see them anyway at long range or on a photo at this size.... unless you a telescope and get an (K picture that you can zoom in on... sometimes to much details that steal attention from other things can be to much.
I'm not a judge, but I can only point out thing I would do as an artist. what other people or artist would do... is not up to me
I do like the ropes on the superstructure, make it look busy, even when it's not something she would have every day on, but just on that occasion.
There are some other things that I spot on pictures, but they are 2014 picture this is an 2010 drawing. for example on one 2014 picture that railings around the helicopter deck is different. when they changed that, I have no idea