Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
acelanceloet
Post subject: dutch export A/S-A/A frigate 1965 (friesland batch 3)Posted: April 6th, 2011, 7:21 pm
WIP!
Attachment:
friesland 3 sb.png
comments? all parts are in place now, I only need to do a little shading, railings and mooring gear.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: dutch export A/S-A/A frigate 1965 (friesland batch 3)Posted: April 9th, 2011, 1:01 pm
done
[ img ]
comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: dutch export A/S-A/A frigate 1965 (friesland batch 3)Posted: April 9th, 2011, 5:46 pm
A very attractive design :) only points of querie: the warterline band is always shown as continuous; also, the hull scuttles seem too high; otherwise neat.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: dutch export A/S-A/A frigate 1965 (friesland batch 3)Posted: April 9th, 2011, 5:54 pm
well, the scuttles were placed as they were shown on the ref... I agree, they look too high, but well.... not my design :P
and the waterline: should it be corrected, as it is shown this way on the ref..... I can fix it easily, but I always try to go for reality as much as possible.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: dutch export A/S-A/A frigate 1965 (friesland batch 3)Posted: April 10th, 2011, 7:51 am
Fair enough re the scuttles, as I realise they are shown high on drawings; but it makes me wonder how they worked, being so close to the upper deck. With the waterline, I beleive the SB custom is always to show as straight, but again, its not soemthing I would personally insist on. This is a very attractive ship, and reminds me of the Italian designs of the period. I've done a very similar type for the RN AU, but not sure now if it will be suitable. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: dutch export A/S-A/A frigate 1965 (friesland batch 3)Posted: April 10th, 2011, 8:09 am
well, this ship is really an export type.... while the friesland, were it is derived from, has already an early AS missile, has this thing ww2 style torpedo tubes. hmmm....... XD
btw, if possible, I keep the waterline like this, because it makes the bow so much nicer.... it looks kinda flat without it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: dutch export A/S-A/A frigate 1965 (friesland batch 3)Posted: April 10th, 2011, 9:10 am
What are those torpedo tubes? What torpedoes are they for?
The reason I ask is that they look very similar to the layout for the aborted Bidder A/S torpedo of the 1950s. A Type 15 frigate had a layout that that while testing the torpedoes.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: dutch export A/S-A/A frigate 1965 (friesland batch 3)Posted: April 10th, 2011, 9:19 am
I have no idea :D the only thing I know is that they are for homing torpedo's. most of the weapons and systems were not specified on the drawing. in fact, only the bofors 120mm and the ASW mortars were given.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs”

Jump to: