Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
maomatic
Post subject: Germany - M-Class Light cruiser reduxPosted: August 12th, 2021, 6:50 pm
Hi there,

dalamaces & Earl_of_Arlands very nice German CLs inspired me to redraw the M-class.
My old drawing from 2015 wasn't up to todays standards and sadly also out of scale...

[ img ]

Design studies on the M-class were started as early as 1936. The ships were intended to be high endurence commerce raiding cruisers and were therefore intendend to be built with a mixed propulsion system consisting of diesel engines and steam turbines.

Orders for the first two ships were issued in 1938 and their keels were laid down in the same year. Construction was halted shortly after the outbreak of the war and the hulls were broken up on the stocks shortly thereafter.

cheers
maomatic

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Germany - M-Class Light cruiser reduxPosted: August 12th, 2021, 7:03 pm
Wow!
I certainly wouldn't say there was anything wrong with the standards of the previous version of this drawing (though mis-scaling is a fundamentally serious issue, obviously), but it just proves that when it comes to quality standards You're just so much ahead of many of us. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Germany - M-Class Light cruiser reduxPosted: August 12th, 2021, 7:22 pm
Thank you very much!

I recently found out - to my absolute horror- that basically all my older stuff is out of scale... made a newbie mistake from the start when divding the ships length. I shouldve never left the beginners section... :(

Therefore I try to redraw as much stuff as I can...

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Germany - M-Class Light cruiser reduxPosted: August 13th, 2021, 4:35 am
It's a shame these were never built...they would've been beautiful ships for sure, especially when they used some of the camo schemes like Tirpitz's in 1942-43.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Germany - M-Class Light cruiser reduxPosted: August 13th, 2021, 6:43 am
A lovely looking update, you are certainly on a roll of producing excellent drawings!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Steampower1
Post subject: Re: Germany - M-Class Light cruiser reduxPosted: August 31st, 2021, 11:11 pm
Very good. Realistic looking!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs”

Jump to: