Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
maomatic
Post subject: Germany - Proposals of the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Leichtmetallbau"Posted: January 11th, 2022, 3:09 pm
Hi,

here are some more never built (thank god) designs by the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Leichtmetallbau".
The same "light metal" consortium, that brought us the extraordinary and totally sane "Atlantikbomber-Kreuzer" proposal...

First off the "Zerstörer, Typ Hochseejäger" (lit. Destroyer, Type High Seas Hunter).
A 1000t destroyer built mostly out of aluminum with a maximum speed of 48,8 knots.

It was to be propelled by 48(!) aircraft engines with 2000PS each...

[ img ]

Second the "Leicher Convoi-Zerstörer" (lit Ligh Convoi-Destroyer).
Armed with twelve 15cm guns in four triple turrets, this 3100t light cruiser was supposed to have a maxmium speed of 38knots.

This one was to be equipped with 64 engines of the same type as the DD above.

[ img ]

Lastly, the "Flugzeug-(Zerstörer) Kreuzer" (lit. Aircraft- (Destroyer) Cruiser).
A hybrid cruiser / catapult-ship, weighing 3100t. It was to carry up to nine "Zerstörer-type" Aircraft (hence the name).
The aircraft were to be started from two large catapults and were to land on a floating landing strip. The same kind as on the "Atlantikbomber-Kreuzer".

Speed and engines were to be the same as the "Convoi-Destroyer".

[ img ]

Cheers!
-maomatic-

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Germany - Proposals of the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Leichtmetallbau"Posted: January 11th, 2022, 5:39 pm
:shock: :shock: :? :? :?

What in the blue blazes are those?! I...I don't even know what to think of them. Miniature pocket battleship bridge towers and what appear to be offshoot submarine hulls.

*Sighs* Well, they're ships and I'm sure they would've served whatever purpose they were intended for, but wow...

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Germany - Proposals of the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Leichtmetallbau"Posted: January 12th, 2022, 9:30 am
Excellent drawings but I don't think its any surprise that Arbeitsgemeinschaft Leichtmetallbau never made it into shipbuilding!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Germany - Proposals of the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Leichtmetallbau"Posted: January 12th, 2022, 12:20 pm
yea the drawings are better than the design :lol: atleast from my highly educated internetfanboi perspective. But alwayst good to see never-weres done in the bucket

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Germany - Proposals of the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Leichtmetallbau"Posted: January 12th, 2022, 1:20 pm
the more I look at these designs, more weirder they become. But interesting concept

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Germany - Proposals of the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Leichtmetallbau"Posted: January 14th, 2022, 6:07 pm
Are those Voith Schneider propeller's? So cool!

These designs are just wicked and the drawing made of them even more. Thanks for enlighting us with these delights!

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Germany - Proposals of the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Leichtmetallbau"Posted: January 15th, 2022, 11:39 am
These are some of the most insane legitimate (meaning: non-Nationstates :lol: ) ship designs I've ever seen, but the drawings are of awesome quality! Maomatic - You're spoiling us with Your works!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs”

Jump to: