Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
BvonTeapot
Post subject: MAS da 38 metri con Idrovolante - a New Type of Torpedo BoatPosted: August 2nd, 2023, 1:25 am
Hello everyone,

Today I have a very interesting never-built design in the form of the MAS da 38 metri con Idrovolante, which was a concept brought about by Cantieri Navali del Quarnaro in November of 1924. It was essentially a scaled-up MAS boat that would combine the high performance of said boats with the firepower of a destroyer through the fact that it was equipped with a Cannone da 102/45 (a 4.7" mount). It is stated that it was also armed with 2 25 mm cannons, but there is no indication where those were to be placed. The most interesting part to me, other than the cannon, is that it was also able to carry an M.18 seaplane above the torpedo deck. It is said that if it was not carrying the seaplane, then the vessel would be able to equip 8 torpedoes.

Here is the drawing:

[ img ]

As always, if I have made any mistakes that I have missed please let me know and I will fix them.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: MAS da 38 metri con Idrovolante - a New Type of Torpedo BoatPosted: August 2nd, 2023, 2:11 am
Interesting idea, never saw that before.

[Profile] [Quote]
BvonTeapot
Post subject: Re: MAS da 38 metri con Idrovolante - a New Type of Torpedo BoatPosted: August 6th, 2023, 2:06 am
Update after comments on the discord:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs”

Jump to: