Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Chris Roach
Post subject: Re: B65Posted: May 15th, 2011, 2:02 am
dreadnaught111 wrote:
One wonders how many of these the Japanese could've built with the materials from the Yamato-class...
In a raw sum of all steel in the Yamato class diverted to this class quite a few... In reality, not so many. The Japanese would still face serious capacity constraints (number of slips to build ships on; turbine production; gun production; armour production; etc.), so in practise I wouldn't be suprised if it actually made little difference in the number completed.

[Profile] [Quote]
RevDave21
Post subject: Re: B65Posted: February 28th, 2015, 7:09 am
Given the limited resource the Imperial Japanese Navy faced it is much more likely that they would have made use of the eight existing 16.1-inch L/45 (41 cm) turrets from the Tosa/Nagato-class. Originally built for the canceled Tosa class, they were used in the refit of Nagato and Mutsu. The eight removed turrets were overhauled and used as costal defense. Use these eight turrets, four per battlecruiser with ten twin 3.9-in turrets in a revised design similar to the HMS Hood.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: B65Posted: February 28th, 2015, 8:40 am
Please try not to do thread necromancing. Its rude and not liked in anywhere in the internet so this should not be first time you guys get to notice about something. Only ressuerect threads when they are your own and you are continuing your contribution into it via new drawings. Otherwise open new threads

[Profile] [Quote]
TigerHunter1945
Post subject: Re: B65Posted: July 22nd, 2017, 2:17 pm
sorry for necromancing this thread again i do a little redraw to alvama b65 here's then
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: B65Posted: July 22nd, 2017, 3:42 pm
I'm by no means a moderator but I'll forgive it! Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: B65Posted: July 22nd, 2017, 3:45 pm
Overall it looks good, although there are some pixle-errors here and there on the drawing.
However, I'm not too sure that doing a widespread copy-paste of Erusia_Force IJN Yamato onto ALVAMA's original B65 would do the job (also, the aircraft-handling crane seems the one from Colosseum's IJN Tone).
According to Lacroix and Wells "Japanese Cruisers of the Pacific War", the B65 as planned was to fit four triple 25mm machine guns (there are twenty sets in the drawing) and two sets of 13mm machine guns (it has none). The aircraft handling setup was to have two cranes revolving around a single centerline-mounted catapult, the drawing suggests the opposite. There were to be three searchlights abaft the funnel and no MG director there. Plus a bunch of other stuff (some technically dating back tot he original aLVAMA work, like the protruding bulbous bow instead of a straight one).
sorry for apparently shooting it down, but there is room for improvement :)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: