Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Modular OPVsPosted: October 12th, 2010, 12:08 pm
RP1 wrote:
One day, someones going to figure out what RP1 means...

Uh....Duh.

You're This person, Dr. R. Pawling (and probably the only currently active PhD on Shipbucket).

I've known this for two years or so now, it just didn't come up. The ships you produce are always are awesome - in that they make perfect sense, which is to be expected With you being a naval architect and all.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Modular OPVsPosted: October 12th, 2010, 3:02 pm
TimothyC wrote:
RP1 wrote:
One day, someones going to figure out what RP1 means...

Uh....Duh.

You're This person, Dr. R. Pawling (and probably the only currently active PhD on Shipbucket).

I've known this for two years or so now, it just didn't come up. The ships you produce are always are awesome - in that they make perfect sense, which is to be expected With you being a naval architect and all.
I believe his comment was directed at klagsldf, as well as the other needlessly abrasive know-it-alls who populate this forum...

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Modular OPVsPosted: October 12th, 2010, 3:12 pm
Colosseum wrote:
I believe his comment was directed at klagsldf, as well as the other needlessly abrasive know-it-alls who populate this forum...
Oh gee, thanks.

I've known this guy all the way from Secret Projects - you know, that one site Pride of the Fleet ran off to? *ahem*

I was just being sarcastic as to how it took them to discover that short and broad hull = water resistance.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Modular OPVsPosted: October 12th, 2010, 5:06 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
Oh gee, thanks.

I've known this guy all the way from Secret Projects - you know, that one site Pride of the Fleet ran off to? *ahem*

I was just being sarcastic as to how it took them to discover that short and broad hull = water resistance.
Are you trying to insinuate that your leaving would deal a horrendous blow to this forum?

For some reason I don't agree with you there.

[Profile] [Quote]
RP1
Post subject: Re: Modular OPVsPosted: October 12th, 2010, 9:21 pm
Hmm, perhaps I should have put a smiley on my last post. :) I was just amused by the word "they"...

Portsmouth Bill:
Quote:
my only query so far is with the weapons placement on the Modular OPV
Yeah, that was an issue. In theory the funnel and collapsible hangar could be arranged to provide a platform for the SeaRAM, but then it's in the funnel exhaust, and looks a bit too much like Venator... ;)

TimothyC:
Quote:
The ships you produce are always are awesome
Just wait 'till you see the battle of the deathraylaserfutureships: Mine versus NDP's. With added trimaran and Rotodyne, too.

Of course, I just volunteered to do this:

http://www.meng.ucl.ac.uk/~nag_web/pages/uclsmde.htm

For the next two months, which involves 6 hours of lectures a day, 4 days a week, homework and a crazy-making design exercise. Oh, and that 9-6 day job? Yeah, gonna need you to keep that up too, sport. And all so I can design my own "phantom Russian submarine" (or BPI SSGN(ABM) if I had my way. What? DENIABILITY "It just exploded Mr. Ban, nothing to do with us!").

RP1

[Profile] [Quote]
TurretHead
Post subject: Re: Modular OPVsPosted: October 14th, 2010, 8:31 am
RP1 wrote:
Of course, I just volunteered to do this:

http://www.meng.ucl.ac.uk/~nag_web/pages/uclsmde.htm

For the next two months, which involves 6 hours of lectures a day, 4 days a week, homework and a crazy-making design exercise. Oh, and that 9-6 day job? Yeah, gonna need you to keep that up too, sport. And all so I can design my own "phantom Russian submarine" (or BPI SSGN(ABM) if I had my way. What? DENIABILITY "It just exploded Mr. Ban, nothing to do with us!").
Very cool. Iโ€™ve signed up for a summer semester, eight seminar course on submarine hydrodynamics but we donโ€™t get to design our own sub :cry:

This is one of the things I like about Shipbucket compared to other military and AU drawing/modelling communities like What If Modellers. Here people are concerned with realism and serious engineering and have the skills and knowledge to back it up.

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Modular OPVsPosted: October 19th, 2010, 6:34 am
[ img ]

A while ago I made this large OPV/ modern gunboat. Main arnament is a vicker 155mm gun and two 57mm guns. and four container strongpoints.

Worklist
All Royal Swedish Navy units from 1522 to present

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to โ€œNever-Built Designsโ€ | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: