Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: an ideal ship for the navy, aka colossus, by CunibertiPosted: October 26th, 2010, 11:14 am
First of all I reccomend white (light grey) and not blueish light grey: Italian navy used this color from 1920 till ww2.
About aft and bow small gun: the turret should be black(dark grey) like the rest of the hull.
About torpedo net: on my opinion ships started to use few years later (let say around 1900). By the way do not use a single pixel line...
About mast: why you changed the prevoius ones?

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: an ideal ship for the navy, aka colossus, by CunibertiPosted: October 26th, 2010, 11:17 am
Lazer_one wrote:
First of all I reccomend white (light grey) and not blueish light grey: Italian navy used this color from 1920 till ww2.
About aft and bow small gun: the turret should be black(dark grey) like the rest of the hull.
About torpedo net: on my opinion ships started to use few years later (let say around 1900). By the way do not use a single pixel line...
About mast: why you changed the prevoius ones?
TT.TT ok I will remove the torp nets, I wasn't sure about them as well, and somebody said use them....
the previous mast were just placeholders, they were lenthened versions of the ones from my dante. I will make similar ones, but not exactly like those (because the platforms were exactly in the smoke from the funnels, they have to be placed a bit lower)
I will fix the colours.....

EDIT: done the above
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: an ideal ship for the navy, aka colossus, by CunibertiPosted: October 28th, 2010, 10:53 am
this is beginning to look like the finished product. a lot of detailing still has to be done, and the searchlights and rigging need to be placed on the masts, and I still have to do a lot details...... but this will be close to what it will be in the end.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: an ideal ship for the navy, aka colossus, by CunibertiPosted: October 28th, 2010, 11:08 am
Good job! Go ahed!

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: an ideal ship for the navy, aka colossus, by CunibertiPosted: October 28th, 2010, 3:33 pm
in my opinion, this ship is finished now.
Attachment:
BB colossus.png
any comments or opinions?

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: an ideal ship for the navy, aka colossus, by CunibertiPosted: October 28th, 2010, 6:00 pm
I would avoid the carley ( the lifeboat)

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: an ideal ship for the navy, aka colossus, by CunibertiPosted: October 28th, 2010, 6:05 pm
Lazer_one wrote:
the orange one on the bow you mean? on almost all pictures, the dante is shown with it, so I thought I would put it on this one as well..... this is wrong?

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: an ideal ship for the navy, aka colossus, by CunibertiPosted: October 28th, 2010, 8:31 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
Lazer_one wrote:
the orange one on the bow you mean? on almost all pictures, the dante is shown with it, so I thought I would put it on this one as well..... this is wrong?
But Dante Alighieri is 20-30 years later and moreover during wartime. Till 1900 (roughtly) the stardard colors were the Victorian ones but at the turn of the century the colors become more military greys...

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: an ideal ship for the navy, aka colossus, by CunibertiPosted: October 28th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Lazer_one wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
Lazer_one wrote:
But Dante Alighieri is 20-30 years later and moreover during wartime. Till 1900 (roughtly) the stardard colors were the Victorian ones but at the turn of the century the colors become more military greys...
ok, will remove it then. any other comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: an ideal ship for the navy, aka colossus, by CunibertiPosted: October 28th, 2010, 9:20 pm
Is the name Colossus your own, or did Vittorio Cuniberti assign that to his project? I've never stumbled upon a concrete name for this project, only a project name, such as you've stated. So, if it's yours, I'd suggest a more 'appropriate' Royal Italian name, as I'm sure you can come up with! ;) - But if the Colossus is the suggested name by Eng. Gen. Cuniberti, then is it so too, in Italian??? Otherwise only one word - NEAT!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 48 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: