Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 5th, 2012, 6:35 pm
And another thread that really doesn't belong in the Beginner section.

/punt

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 5th, 2012, 6:54 pm
It needs to be properly credited.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 5th, 2012, 7:39 pm
I was my first design so I figured it should go in the beginers section. I figured people would be kinder. :lol:
I am glad somewon thought to move it to the other section.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 5th, 2012, 7:59 pm
Hate to be a nit-picker on a very excellent drawing, but the porthole on the deckhouse is not SB standard color, and credits are in the wrong font and should read, "ALVAMA, Midnightnova, & Chuck ship art". This certainly warrents being drop-kicked out of Beginners. :)

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 5th, 2012, 8:10 pm
Damn! and I'm not drunk!

Last edited by heuhen on February 5th, 2012, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 6th, 2012, 3:36 am
Fixed the window and I hope the credits are OK now I actually put what I took from there Lexington had on it. So how far do you go back on the credits. So if some one takes parts from my ship that is not what I took from there's do they keep listing back to them this could keep going on and on. Where is the point that it you do not go back any more. “3 generation or more.”

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hawkeye
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 6th, 2012, 3:48 am
Congrats 'Cause you have done a very good job (for more than three generations)!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 6th, 2012, 8:00 am
The date is not required, you can also simplify the credit as '(ALVAMA, Midnightnova, Chuck ship art)'

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 6th, 2012, 10:01 am
Nice start...
Now for next round of updating the drawing, take notice of these points:

1. Overlapsing black pixels. NO NO and NO ;) Shipbucket style basicly relies on drawing everything thin and small with three pixels: two black one surrounding the grey... Your mast, cranes, funnel caps... they have no excuse to be drawn badly, and with relatively small add-ons, the drawing can actually start looking good.
2. The use of colors in the hull. Drawing the actuall hullplates is overexessive, you cannot see the plates when looking ship from your own eye from the distance that the shipbucket scale presents. Only considerable changes in the thickness of the surfaces suffices to be presented. Such as armourplate. If you want to make your drawing look good on the platewise, I suggest browising the Italian folder of the mainsite and see how Lazer_One has worked with the armourplates of Italian cruisers...
Also, the idea of Shipbucket's colors is to use same range of palette upon any given color. When we drawn something with grey, it doesen't mean its actually a grey in reallife... only that it apperars to be grey when looked against its background. Naturally, when there are surfaces that are not grey, same rules applies, you just need to use spesific color palette of that background color: Therefore, you cannot drawn the underwater part of the armourplate with same color as in the upper hull ;)
3. Crediting: In Shipbucket, we credit the thing simply by listing the names of the artist in a colum underneath the name of the ship. The orginal artist comes first, then followed by the other artists (like Clonecommander shows in his post)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hawkeye
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 7th, 2012, 3:08 am
I have done this 'Cause I want to know/see what Gollevainen means.
Heuhen have done the same for me (CVA-58), so it is easier to fixed the errors.
So don't be mad with me 'Cause I just want to help.
There are a lot of errors (see the red arrows) and the background is not clean!!
The waterline is not in SB style.
You have used two to three different blacks often, sometimes dark greys instead of black.
-Michael-

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: