Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 30th, 2012, 3:39 pm
Thanks jabba I appreciate your effort. You are a gentlemen and a scholar. I will be using it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 31st, 2012, 6:46 pm
Well here it is as far as I can take it with the knowledge I have. I know there are things that it will have that I am just not sure about. I wish I could do better shading but I have not learned “gimp 2” well as of yet. So I hope you are kind to me on the comments but I am tough and can take it. Thanks to all the people that gave me input it was helpful Thanks to “ jabba “ for drawing the plane for me.

Time to start a new project. I guess I should not put under beginners this time.

Take care all
Charles

Out of date drawing removed to save you from looking at to many versions

Last edited by Chuck ship art on February 6th, 2012, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 31st, 2012, 7:03 pm
The shading on the superstructure is a bit dark.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 31st, 2012, 8:09 pm
Nope, you've earned your laurels alright with this. Hopefully you continue to do the other projected versions of the Lexingtons too.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 31st, 2012, 8:12 pm
While I like the effect, you've unfortunately used anti aliasing on the deck which is a nono here.
I suggest you steal the appropriate texture from one one of Bombheads WWII carriers.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: January 31st, 2012, 10:49 pm
While I like the effect, you've unfortunately used anti aliasing on the deck which is a nono here.
I suggest you steal the appropriate texture from one one of Bombheads WWII carriers.

I do not understand "anti aliasing" or what "gimp2" calls smudge. I looked at Shipbucket guides and could not see any thing about not blending. I might not understand what you are referring to. I have looked for world war II carriers and the only ones that I have seen are British. and they had armored decks. If you could give me a little more information please. By the way that why I did it I like the effect also. thanks for the input

[Profile] [Quote]
CanisD
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 1st, 2012, 1:02 am
Shipbucket is strictly pixel based, so anything that "blends" colors, etc... like in a .jpg is a no-no. I think these are the patterns Thiel mentioned. They were posted on the old forum.
[ img ][ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 1st, 2012, 1:19 am
Thanks CanisD I will save it. I have read little about the old forum other than it exsited.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 4th, 2012, 7:24 pm
I know it's been a wile since I posted an update for this ship. But it took me a wile to get the strength to get rid of my old deck style. I spent time getting it the way I liked it. So I decided after looking at the other styles of deck to “keep it simple stupid.” and just go with a solid color. I added just a couple of deck direction in the stern just to get opinions.

Out of date drawing removed to save you from looking at to many versions

Last edited by Chuck ship art on February 6th, 2012, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raven
Post subject: Re: LEXINGTON CLASS BATTLE CRUISER BU CHARLESPosted: February 5th, 2012, 8:10 am
I'd say you have succeeded handsomely, keep it up!

By This Sign You Will Conquer

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: