Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
acelanceloet
Post subject: Canadian JSS by merwede shipbuildingPosted: October 7th, 2010, 8:13 pm
didibii originally drew this one, but he made such a mess out of it that I redid it. it might be suitable for upload with a few fixes, so I just wanted to start a new thread for it so everybody could take a look at it. it is not finished, but all details from the original renders are on it.

tell me what you think....

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian JSS by merwede shipbuildingPosted: October 10th, 2010, 3:01 pm
done. btw, I removed dibidibii's credit, because all I have left from his drawing are the outlines of the hull, the stern ramp and the anchor. if he should be on it, please say so.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Canadian JSS by merwede shipbuildingPosted: October 10th, 2010, 5:11 pm
deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian JSS by merwede shipbuildingPosted: October 10th, 2010, 5:19 pm
if this is on never build, I suppose it is an real study! :D the large hatches in the sides are doors after which are replenishment cranes. the RHIB/Liferaft setting was shown this way in the original design. about the protection of the bow screw: it was not on the original render, it might be plausible but was not shown.

about sensors and CIWS: this ship is most likely build this way to be as cheap as possible. knowing the price of an I-mast and an Goalkeeper, I think that might be just too much for this ship.... although an extra RAM might have come handy indeed, as must have MG's. but these are not included in the disign, and because I wanted to follow the original renders as much as possible, I leaved them out. the same for the stab's.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Canadian JSS by merwede shipbuildingPosted: October 10th, 2010, 7:24 pm
you did a good job and that was a good strategy if some one wants to kit bash them that is on them and not you

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Canadian JSS by merwede shipbuildingPosted: October 11th, 2010, 11:56 am
@Colombamike: This is/was a conceptual design by Merwede Shipyards (Hardinxveld-Giessendam) in the Netherlands. what they do is using one of theire best selling civilian ferry designs to make a Enforcer looking JSS/LPD what ever the customer wants. Theire ships are always ugly as hell (look at the HMNZS Canterbury L421 ). The design as drawn here wasnt 100% for the Canadians but more as a reaction to the Damen JSS to win the contract for the dutch navy. here some of the Artist impressions (all rights to Merwede Shipyards).

@acelanceloet: Looks good , indeed maybe add some stabilization even it isn't shown on the Artist Impressions.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian JSS by merwede shipbuildingPosted: October 11th, 2010, 2:32 pm
ok, will do the stabs. was it really originally intended for the Dutch navy? I thought so as well, but mitch said it was made for Canada......

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Canadian JSS by merwede shipbuildingPosted: October 11th, 2010, 7:38 pm
added the stabs. now it is finished, and I hope it is suitable for upload

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs”

Jump to: