Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: bath iron works spruance conceptPosted: May 12th, 2012, 7:10 pm
CIWS: seems correct, indeed. never even heard of this system.... erik, by chance, do you have time to draw it for me?
I basically used the spruance waterline length for this one.... seems I was 6' off in total.... not too bad for an wild guess, I suppose xD
is there anything known on the machinery arrangement? 3 funnels for 4 turbines in 2/3 enginerooms...... I am wondering how they would set that up.

btw, erik, speaking of that book.... was there anything known on the conversion with the mk 26, what would have been changed apart from that? I have never been able to find anything, but I assumed they would become kidds basically..... is that correct?

thanks for now and in advance for the comments and checkup :P gonna try to fix and/or keep in mind the stuff you mentioned :P

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: bath iron works spruance conceptPosted: May 26th, 2012, 4:54 pm
made some fixes in the length and the CIWS..... that should be it, IMO.
[ img ]

Last edited by acelanceloet on May 26th, 2012, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: bath iron works spruance conceptPosted: May 26th, 2012, 6:05 pm
Nice but a mishap in the link!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: bath iron works spruance conceptPosted: May 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
fixed the link, and if there are no comments on wrongs in the image I will put this one in the upload session then as well ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Raven
Post subject: Re: bath iron works spruance conceptPosted: May 28th, 2012, 6:08 am
Nice! Sad to say I remember seeing that in a Proceedings article way back when. Shows you how old I am...

By This Sign You Will Conquer

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: bath iron works spruance conceptPosted: May 29th, 2012, 6:55 pm
Well Ace it could be the General Electrics EX-83 Naval Gun mount. It was a prototype of the goalkeeper witout Signaal Nederland.

[ img ]

Very nice drawing!

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: bath iron works spruance conceptPosted: May 29th, 2012, 11:38 pm
That'd really be something, since in 1977, after three years of development, development of the weapon would have started two years after the commissioning of Spruance herself...

[Profile] [Quote]
ghost792
Post subject: Re: bath iron works spruance conceptPosted: July 5th, 2012, 2:01 am
erik_t wrote:
That'd really be something, since in 1977, after three years of development, development of the weapon would have started two years after the commissioning of Spruance herself...
Spruance didn't get her CIWS until the early 80s.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cruel2BEkind
Post subject: Re: bath iron works spruance conceptPosted: July 5th, 2012, 11:55 am
ghost792 wrote:
erik_t wrote:
What did it have before that?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: bath iron works spruance conceptPosted: July 5th, 2012, 12:11 pm
Cruel2BEkind wrote:
ghost792 wrote:
erik_t wrote:
What did it have before that?
Sea Sparrow.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: