Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Tosa class battleshipPosted: December 19th, 2012, 12:09 am
klagldsf wrote:
Fun fact: construction on Tosa was delayed by two months due to a labor strike. I wonder if that would've been enough to put her close to completion - they might've scrapped Fuso for the treaty limits instead.
unfortunately not, she was five months before completion wher construction stopped, two months would have been not enough.

And, on another side note, the US deputy at the washington naval conference asked Mutsu to be scrapped, despite she was completed more than one month before the conference was called, probably to keep Japan behind the US themselves and the UK with the 16-inch gunned battleships; as the US navy was granted permission to complete three of the four Colorado and Royal Navy got the approval for the two Nelsons the two 16-inch Nagatos might have been seen as a potential threat.
Mutsu was eventually saved as her construction was funded with school childrens and popular donations (and Settsu was decommissioned instead), but for this same reasion i highly doubt that Japan would ever ben granted a chance to complete Tosa, a third 16-inch gunned battleship even more heavily armed than the US and Brit counterparts (8x16 on Colorados, 9x16 on Nelsons but TENx16 on Tosas) would have definitely been out of question.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Japan - Tosa class battleshipPosted: December 19th, 2012, 12:50 am
*shrugs* The USN might've been allowed to complete Washington (and/or Lexington to original specs) and the RN might've authorized a third Nelson or completed one or two more Admirals if that had happened.

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Japan - Tosa class battleshipPosted: December 19th, 2012, 10:41 am
klagldsf wrote:
*shrugs* The USN might've been allowed to complete Washington (and/or Lexington to original specs) and the RN might've authorized a third Nelson or completed one or two more Admirals if that had happened.
Assuming anyone could afford any of this construction...

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Japan - Tosa class battleshipPosted: December 19th, 2012, 11:19 pm
Sure they can :)

Well, the USN at least. And an Admiral or even a Nelson likely would've been cheaper than a G3 or N3.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Tosa class battleshipPosted: December 19th, 2012, 11:56 pm
I think that at that point the Washington Treaty woud have lost it's meaning, and it's possible that every signatory nation would have tried to push for completion of all their building warships; this would have been a disaster for the Royal Navy wich could ill afford the costs of capital ships construction given the state of Great Britain economy after WWI, also the other three Admirals where already canceled and scrapped since three years.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Tosa class battleshipPosted: August 9th, 2014, 3:27 pm
Seems I've got some sort of updating fever.

Then
[ img ]

Now
[ img ]
Armor belt darker and unpainted even below the red waterline as shown by this pic

I'm also working on the actual Tosa never built drawing, but that one might took longer.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Tosa class battleshipPosted: August 9th, 2014, 6:32 pm
Nice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Japan - Tosa class battleshipPosted: August 10th, 2014, 10:18 am
Nice work. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Japan - Tosa class battleshipPosted: August 10th, 2014, 3:31 pm
A very nice update! The correct hull colour sure adds a lot to the drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Japan - Tosa class battleshipPosted: August 10th, 2014, 3:35 pm
maomatic wrote:
The correct hull colour sure adds a lot to the drawing.
+ the revised : rudder, propellers & associated shafts, bow, TT position & so ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 58 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: