Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: March 30th, 2014, 4:48 pm
Absolutely you can use it.

Yea I just used the first parts I came across for these kitbashes since the original design is already on the mainsite and these were just me messing around to see what it would look like.

Really DG_Alpha its all your fault. These parts were fine a couple of years ago, then you started redoing all the German ships to impossibly high standards, making the rest of our drawing look bad.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: March 30th, 2014, 6:29 pm
Lookie good. :)
I must admit though, I can't quite understand why you'd put so big guns on such a lightly armoured hull... It feels rather suicidal. And costly. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: March 31st, 2014, 1:57 pm
Yea its pretty impracticable, although 4/3 the armament of Scharnhorst on 1/2 the displacement seems cheap to me.

I'm thinking about completely redrawing them all a little better now that DG_Alpha, maomatic, et all have raised the standard for German ships so high. I don't know if I'll get these to that level, but at the very least I'll steal their parts.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: April 1st, 2014, 4:25 pm
I've got an SS of the original design somewhere, IIRC it worked out pretty well. OTOH you've got a battlecruiser with no more armor than Deuschland, she's got no staying power and is in real trouble if Hood ever catches her!

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: April 1st, 2014, 5:14 pm
I made a SS report (posted viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3529&start=30#p115666). I could not get the speed up to 34 knots without increasing the displacement well over 17,500 tons. Did you manage to find a way around that?

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: April 2nd, 2014, 10:40 am
Syzmo wrote:
I made a SS report (posted viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3529&start=30#p115666). I could not get the speed up to 34 knots without increasing the displacement well over 17,500 tons. Did you manage to find a way around that?
I'm still looking for the SS, I hope I didn't lose it...

[Profile] [Quote]
regemet
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: April 2nd, 2014, 4:28 pm
What about a 1929 Seydlitz

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: April 2nd, 2014, 6:26 pm
You mean the WWI era ship modernized or a never built design?

[Profile] [Quote]
regemet
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 3:05 am
The WW1 ship modernized.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: 1928 German Battlecruiser DesignPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 3:59 am
Hmm that would a a AU/Personal forum drawing then as Seydlitz joined the rest of the fleet at the bottom of Scarpa Flow

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 57 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: