Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: DDV and other flight 3 burke never buildsPosted: October 24th, 2012, 4:07 am
That's pretty cool. It would be interesting to see what capabilities that system would have when married to IPS or the follow on A(V)15 technology.

I can't really think of what it would add except more coverage on the beams. If I'm doing Small object avoidance, I want to look in front of me, more than on the sides.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: DDV and other flight 3 burke never buildsPosted: October 24th, 2012, 4:12 am
Lebroba wrote:
I can't really think of what it would add except more coverage on the beams. If I'm doing Small object avoidance, I want to look in front of me, more than on the sides.
Consider that it was designed to detect submarines and not for small object avoidance.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: DDV and other flight 3 burke never buildsPosted: October 24th, 2012, 4:29 am
klagldsf wrote:
Lebroba wrote:
Consider that it was designed to detect submarines and not for small object avoidance.
Maybe I was thinking it would work similar to what heuhen posted about the SQQ-90 with one high freq sonar for mine detection and 1 mid freq for sub hunting.

So Ideally, in a dual band sonar system, you'd have one high frequency for SOA and one mid frequency for Sub hunting. If the two planar arrays share the same frequency bands as the cylindrical 53C, that's even worse.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: