[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: May 26th, 2014, 5:34 am
'Kai-" = "Improved"

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BrentD15
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: June 8th, 2014, 12:01 am
That Kai-Taiho looks beautiful.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: January 11th, 2015, 5:28 am
Is there any source information for the Type A Heavy Cruiser? I would like to read up on it, be it in English or Japanese.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: January 11th, 2015, 6:24 pm
Sumeragi wrote:
Is there any source information for the Type A Heavy Cruiser? I would like to read up on it, be it in English or Japanese.
The plan for 8 such ships is mentioned in "japanese cruisers of the pacific war" by Erik Lacroix and hinton Wells, on pages 602-609. The only plan with specifications I was able to find was a two-image scan from an unknown japanese book that also showed the CLAA cruisers planned during the same time. This makes the Circle Six Type A Cruiser one of the most obscure IJN ships, real or just planned. Honestly speaking I must admit that I'm not too sure anymore that the aforementioned plan truly shows her planned appearance because I've since failed to find any other source material about it (that's why for example I've not drawn the cLAA yet, and I probably wouldn't have drawn the Type A if I had found that plan today because of too scarce references). Anyway, I should have that scan laying somewhere in my HD, so if you are interested I can Search and send it to you.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: January 11th, 2015, 6:52 pm
You mean this?

[ img ]

It's an imagined ship by the magazine for the following requirements that were considered around 1940:
Quote:
Resistance to 500kg bombs on deck and turrets, resistance to 20cm rounds between 15000-25000m and resistance to 15cm shells in those same ranges down to 10000m and under the waterline. 35 knot speed, 3 float planes, and an armament of torpedo's (No number on amount listed). She was to be armed with 20cm guns same as the other Class A Cruisers.
The ship itself (named Unzen by the editors) is basically a "what if" based on the limited info that is known.

I came across the scan after I posted the question, so was wondering if this was what you drew.

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: January 11th, 2015, 7:08 pm
Guys I can't see the image...

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: January 11th, 2015, 7:18 pm
Sumeragi wrote:
You mean this?

[ img ]

It's an imagined ship by the magazine for the following requirements that were considered around 1940:
Quote:
Resistance to 500kg bombs on deck and turrets, resistance to 20cm rounds between 15000-25000m and resistance to 15cm shells in those same ranges down to 10000m and under the waterline. 35 knot speed, 3 float planes, and an armament of torpedo's (No number on amount listed). She was to be armed with 20cm guns same as the other Class A Cruisers.
The ship itself (named Unzen by the editors) is basically a "what if" based on the limited info that is known.

I came across the scan after I posted the question, so was wondering if this was what you drew.
one of the scans is almost Identical (the other featured the Ibuki, Mogami, the supposed type A, Agano, Kai-Agano and the CLAA cruiser) though it had no text, just specifications, and did not featured the center fold of the pages (possibily it was cropped and fixed).
However, this means I can at least delete one ships from my "search more references" list. :lol:

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: January 11th, 2015, 7:24 pm
I wouldn't mind if you send me the rest, I can check and see if they're fantasy or not.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: March 11th, 2015, 6:13 am
Heads up: Further research seems to indicate that there were concepts made in 1940~1941 of a 15,000 ton cruiser. In other words, this Type Kou isn't as fictional as we originally thought. Now, the design as it is would be made up, but it's "creative interpretations" based on historical concepts.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 14  [ 132 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »

Jump to: