Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
alternathistory
Post subject: Russian aircraft carrier of the future - TAVKR 1143,8 BorodiPosted: December 6th, 2012, 2:30 pm
It is now well under way for the design of a new aircraft carrier of the Russian fleet is in full swing. Information on it is very small. But something is still leaking to the press. On the basis of interviews and developed the project. All details about it can be found in the article: http://alternathistory.org.ua/borodino. Article in Russian. But I think with Google. Translate, everyone can read it.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Russian aircraft carrier of the future - TAVKR 1143,8 BoPosted: December 6th, 2012, 2:41 pm
You use Golly work, so maybe we let him make first comment.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Russian aircraft carrier of the future - TAVKR 1143,8 BoPosted: December 6th, 2012, 2:42 pm
That really is a lot of space taken up by VL cells that could be used for like... Aircraft Carrier things?

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Russian aircraft carrier of the future - TAVKR 1143,8 BoPosted: December 6th, 2012, 4:37 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
That really is a lot of space taken up by VL cells that could be used for like... Aircraft Carrier things?
True, but it brings the term "self-defense" to a whole new level.

I would _not_ want to be part of an attack wing forced to try and take this baby out.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Russian aircraft carrier of the future - TAVKR 1143,8 BoPosted: December 6th, 2012, 5:47 pm
those drawings I have seen, doesn't' show any VLS. BTW those VLS is out of scale!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Russian aircraft carrier of the future - TAVKR 1143,8 BoPosted: December 6th, 2012, 7:36 pm
Well this is more of a beginners forum stuff.

Just for the heads up I'm closing in to start redoing the soviet carrier projects as for my AU work and I will make the "real life never-where versions" as well. I might also do a rendition of those impressions of the future Russian carrier spread around internet lately.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Russian aircraft carrier of the future - TAVKR 1143,8 BoPosted: December 6th, 2012, 7:38 pm
and do a better job then this one, that is for certain.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Russian aircraft carrier of the future - TAVKR 1143,8 BoPosted: December 6th, 2012, 8:53 pm
eltf177 wrote:
Blackbuck wrote:
True, but it brings the term "self-defense" to a whole new level.

I would _not_ want to be part of an attack wing forced to try and take this baby out.
I don't know, all I see is volume not used to carrying planes.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs”

Jump to: