Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 12:19 pm
S
O

A
W
E
S
O
M
E

[Profile] [Quote]
BrentD15
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 1:01 pm
:shock: I'm virtually speechless. :Q___________

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 1:33 pm
Holy makaroni! This is awesome!
What's the other data for the Battleship M?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 2:19 pm
Amazing work!

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 3:07 pm
KHT wrote:
Holy makaroni! This is awesome!
What's the other data for the Battleship M?
That's basically everything written on the chart:
Armor values are 12-inch (305mm) for the belt, 13-inch (330mm) for barbettes, 4.5-inch (114mm) for decks and 3.5-inch (89mm) for bulkheads.
Armor values for turrets are not given but they were supposed to weigh some 1.700 tons each; i obviously think that the face armor was to be at least 18-inch (460mm) thick.
Top speed was 30 knots, as for endurance, guessing from other 8-8 fleet projects it would have been at least 8.000nm at 16knots.
Armament was composed of twelve 18/50-inch (457mm/50) guns in four triple trurrets, sixteen 5.5/50-inch (140mm/50)guns in casemate and four 4.7/45-inch (120mm/45) anti-air guns, eight 610mm torpedo launchers were also included.
Standard displacement was some 57.200 tons.

As for overall dimensions, there is no (or i do not have found) data, yet i know for sure that Battleships I/J (the one armed with 16.1-inch quads) were to be 34meters abeam.
In order to hold such massive guns on the given dispacement (and have space for engines powerful enough to drive her to 30knots) she would have needed to be some 278 long at the waterline and 36 meters abeam, for a draft of 9,5/10m; this means an overall lenght of over 281m and a possible full load displacement of 66.000 tons

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 3:16 pm
Those are some pretty impressive battleships and battlecruisers. Looking forward to see them all finished!

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 7:08 pm
I love me a good never were drawing, especially the ships canceled by that pesky washington treaty. well done, this is quite an impressive collection.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

Last edited by Syzmo on September 10th, 2013, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 9:45 pm
Incredible work. Truly amazing stuff.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 10th, 2013, 1:30 pm
I totally concur with the above comments, amazing stuff.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 23rd, 2021, 7:41 pm
I'm resurrecting this old thread of mine from the dead:
All but one of the ships featured on the first page have been updated, with the addition of two new drawings depicting the Amagi class

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: