Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 5th, 2013, 10:55 am
Hats off to you BB 1987, these really are beautifully drawn ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: January 7th, 2013, 3:03 pm
These are excellent, and your whole take on the Imperial navy, keep up the good work :)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 8th, 2013, 7:54 pm
I've come in possession of some new evidence/sources about the 8-8 fleet battleships, this small chart here in it's simplicity poves wrong some of the denominations i had found for some of the battleships posted previously in this thread.
[ img ]
[ img ]
None of the drawings themselves sport errors of any sort, yet the letters associated to most battleships posted in the first page needs to be fixed:
Battleship "B" is now Battleship "F"
Battleship "C" is now Battleship "G"
Battleship "E2" is now Battleship "I"
Battleship "F" is now Battleship "L"
Battleship "G" (better known as the N°13 Class) is now Battleship "K"

Battleship "A" (better known as the Kii Class), Battleship "D", Battleship "E" and Battleship "H" are correctly named and will not be re-labeled.

This means that, four new battleships needs to be added to the tally, the first two coming already with their own drawings:

Battleship "B" armed with 12x16.1-inch guns in four triple turrets
[ img ]

Battleship "C" armed with 12x16.1-inch guns in three twin and two triple guns
[ img ]
note how (like on the battleships sporting the twin/quad configurations) the superfiring guns are those wich sported the more barrels; pretty much the trademark of Yuzuru Hiraga, if you guys remember about the late 20s projects of a kongo-replcement battleship, also done by him.

Battleship "J", wich beign a battlecruiser version of "I" differing only in armor values may not have an own drawing.

Battleship "M", a 57.200-ton behemoth armed with 12x18.1-inch guns in triple turrets (!), will come (hopefully) shortly, after that i'll update the first post with all the relabeled and recently added battleships.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 8th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Excellent addition! You're doing an awesome job here!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 8th, 2013, 8:44 pm
You, sir, are insane :D

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 8th, 2013, 8:52 pm
This is why you are the master and I am just a single peasant... even when I have knowledge around the Norwegian Navy... but it is just so small... I think it's time for me to adopt something else.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 2:32 am
These are great!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 3:11 am
:shock: Stunning stuff BB1997, love a good design evolution thread and this provides top notch drawings

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 10:06 am
Fast Battleship J (or Battlecruiser J), a toned down version of Battleship I, with the same armament but a 12-inch belt compared of the 13-inch one of her sibling:
[ img ]

And finally Battleship M, the twelve 18-inch-gunned monster:
[ img ]
i'd like to add, just for the fun of doing it, that this beast was designed some 15 years boefore Yamato.

So, now (hopefully) this thread can be called fixed and completed, i've updated the first page too, so you can find the whole Hachi-Hachi fleet lineage there.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 9th, 2013, 11:13 am
Nice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: