Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Garlicdesign
Post subject: ... and then the next war camePosted: January 14th, 2013, 4:48 pm
Hello again

As threatened, here comes the Saint Louis class, the successors to Algérie. The drawing is somewhat less detailed than I'd have liked, because there are exactly two source pictures in the whole www and I decided to leave a little upgrade potential. The draught is set at 7 meters; the 5,8 meters given in all data sources seem impossible for a ship whose displacement, length and width are equal to USS Baltimore which draws 8,14 meters (according to wikipedia, likely at full load, which places her at no less than 7,50 meters draught at normal displacement). Anyone who has any further information about this class at all is heartily invited to present it!

[ img ]

currently on stocks: De Grasse 1939, Joffre and Dupuy de Lôme

Greetings
Garlicdesign

Last edited by Garlicdesign on April 8th, 2013, 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: ... and then the next war camePosted: January 14th, 2013, 5:01 pm
Wow! Really cool ship and drawing! Could you post the data as well? :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: ... and then the next war camePosted: January 14th, 2013, 6:07 pm
Seconded :) And that is a very attractive design; a pity she wasn't built, as, if she survived the war she would have been usefull after.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: ... and then the next war camePosted: January 14th, 2013, 6:17 pm
Beautiful ship, excellent work.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: ... and then the next war camePosted: January 14th, 2013, 6:39 pm
The turrets are significantly larger than what Karle94 has on his De Grasse (no offense, Karle) and are much more in-line with the turrets of comparable ships in other navies.

In fact it's clear that it's not just using the same exact Algerie hull but at the very least a significantly enlarged version. Beautiful ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: ... and then the next war camePosted: January 14th, 2013, 8:30 pm
Hi Garlicdesign!

Very nice drawing, you are really doing it justice together with BB1987 ;) (I know he is more into IJN): Actually there are 3 known cofigs for the St Louis class, I'Ll try to post them soon for you. Also there is a book coming out shortly with a load of info on this class soonish (Moulin-Jordan French Cruisers; their (well DUmas and JOrdan's) first book was about French BBs 1922-1950 - that one is a true piece of gem as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1848 ... 01_s00_i00

Soon back with the St Louis drawings.

PS - here it goes:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/bk/NWS/Marine ... chCLs.html

[ img ]

[ img ]

PS 2- are you going to do the De Grasse as well? WHat about the RIcheliue/Rich. preliminaries/Gascoigne/Clemencaue/ ALsace designs? :) ALso the PA CV design series? :D WOw there are so much nice designs for oyu to pick form if you want ;)

CHeers mate!

Akos

PS3 - if you have the time to get it translated there is some more here in russian: http://mk45.livejournal.com/26262.html

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: ... and then the next war camePosted: January 14th, 2013, 9:50 pm
Very nice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: ... and then the next war camePosted: January 16th, 2013, 1:57 pm
A true classic and one ship that I have longed to see in plan form for years.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: ... and then the next war camePosted: January 16th, 2013, 10:41 pm
Certainly a splendid work. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: ... and then the next war camePosted: January 17th, 2013, 3:21 am
Ooh, NICE!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: