Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt Projects of the Polish NavyPosted: August 19th, 2013, 8:00 am
Eswube, you will show some Polish living torpedoes ?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt Projects of the Polish NavyPosted: August 19th, 2013, 8:14 am
@Hood
It was rather custom-made turret. Problem is, that drawings show only a contour of dome over 40mm, but aren't specific about details.

@Rhade
At this scale? I'm not sure if it's viable. Not mentioning that there isn't even a reasonable certainty due to conflicting reports about how they were supposed to look (Chariot-like, Kaiten-like or mini motor-boats with attached torpedo).
But I wouldn't have anything against You doing it. Or in FD scale. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt Projects of the Polish NavyPosted: August 19th, 2013, 8:18 am
Yeah, in FD scale it would be better. Well why not, I can try that after Polish wings. ;)

Of course, wonderful job.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt Projects of the Polish NavyPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 10:24 am
Creation of riverine flotillas within Polish Navy created also demand for proper combat ships for them. Already in October 1919 Departament Spraw Morskich Ministerstwa Spraw Wojskowych (DSM MSWojsk., Department of Maritime Affairs of the Ministry of Military Affairs) put forward a plan to build 8 monitors for Pińsk Flotilla. They were to be ca. 28,6m long, 5,2m wide, with a draught of 0,6 to 0,8m; armed with 2 x 120/L40 guns in semi-enclosed turrets and 2-4 machine guns and expected speed was to be in 20-24 km/h range (in documents it was defined in kilometers instead of knots). Shortly later plans were made to create flotilla on Niemen river (based in Grodno), for which 8 similar monitors were to be built, although with one of the guns replaced by a howitzer (due to high shores along most of the Niemen's length). Eventually only 4 monitors were built to a somewhat different design ("Warszawa" class) and plans for Niemen flotilla were scrapped altogether.

[ img ]

Last edited by eswube on January 11th, 2015, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt Projects of the Polish NavyPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 9:48 pm
Nice work on the monitor eswube!

The whole thread is excellent.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt Projects of the Polish NavyPosted: June 25th, 2015, 7:08 pm
In the 1980s Polish Stocznia Północna (Northern Shipyard) in Gdańsk built a series of degaussing station ships Pr.130 Bereza for the navies of Soviet Union (18 ships ordered) and Bulgaria (1 ship). However, when the break-up of the Soviet Union occured, the last ship for that country was still only being built and the new Russian Navy was no longer interested in having it finished. For nearly a decade it remained in shipyard which tried to find a buyer, creating a design of a "degaussing and research ship" based on this unfinished hull, with relatively minor changes, mostly in the internal architecture and some of the specialized equipment (although exact configuration of it would depend on the buyer's wishes anyway) under the name Pr.130-I. Ultimately that last vessel was heavily rebuilt into logistical support ship for the Polish Navy, the ORP Kontradmirał Xawery Czernicki.

The sources for this design are scarce. It should be noted, that the only drawing available to me, coming from the Shipyards promotional publication and published, among others, in the Nowa Technika Wojskowa 5/2001 was rather blurry but it quite clearly showed the starboard cutter missing, though details of the arrangement looked unclear to me, and I allowed myself to keep it as on the real-life Pr.130's.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt Projects of the Polish NavyPosted: June 25th, 2015, 8:31 pm
Good looking drawing Eswube. Attention to detail is great.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: