Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 16  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1216 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project DXPosted: December 6th, 2014, 10:52 pm
Whole this thread is an example of excellent research work and execution of great drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Project DXPosted: December 11th, 2014, 11:41 am
[ img ]
repost of an oldie :P with just a few parts fixes. soon I will do the write up, which finishes the development 'towards' DX, after which the rebuilds, modernisation and conversion lines will be started (Kidd, Tico, Flight Deck Spruance etc.)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Project DXPosted: October 12th, 2015, 1:34 pm
this project is not dead yet!
[ img ]
background story coming soon, and then I will place her in the first post. if you see glaring errors, you can comment already though :P

the carefull looker may notice there are some differences in the exact lines of the ship when compared to the reference works or the older drawing. this is because there were some glaring drawing errors even in the original artwork in proceedings (such as, the forward flightdeck being a level too low and the top view and sideviews not matching. I have tried to rectify these to my understanding of how it would be constructed.

there are also some errors not in the drawing but in the design (think about exhaust cooling intakes fitted higher then the exhausts themselves, the SPS-48 having very little space to rotate, the UNREP gear going over the funnels etc.) I will soon modify this drawing in a way that would result in a ship workable enough that the USN could actually buy it, or at the very least to a ship that would actually work to specifications as stated in the commanders posting in proceedings. I look forward to comments and ideas for that drawing, so please comment.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Project DXPosted: October 12th, 2015, 1:59 pm
Looks interesting (for the working design),
- Why the 2 Phalanx (1 blocked with same or lesser arcs ?) and 4 small guns (goalkeepers derived weapons ?)
- Would you want more than 1 lift ? or a small pad behind or in-front so you can get helicopters out when its not working ?

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Project DXPosted: October 12th, 2015, 2:26 pm
Nice to see you backe Ace! Really nice job.

Personally, if you allow me, I just have three small observations, there might be a proper reason for them so do not hesistate to correct me!
-on the side view there is a small blank hatch aft of the hangar side door, this might lead to assume that it is permanetly open and is see through with another one on the opposide side.
-a small misalignment on the top view near the starboard CIWS
-the three knuckles at the bow below the anchor, but there might be a proper reason for them.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Project DXPosted: October 12th, 2015, 2:34 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Nice to see you backe Ace! Really nice job.

Personally, if you allow me, I just have three small observations, there might be a proper reason for them so do not hesistate to correct me!
-on the side view there is a small blank hatch aft of the hangar side door, this might lead to assume that it is permanetly open and is see through with another one on the opposide side.
-a small misalignment on the top view near the starboard CIWS
-the three knuckles at the bow below the anchor, but there might be a proper reason for them.
all valid points, so consider them fixed :P.

JSB, your comments were meant for the 'fixed' drawing right? otherwise I will answer your points in the write-up in the first post :P

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project DXPosted: October 12th, 2015, 6:29 pm
Good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Project DXPosted: October 12th, 2015, 8:25 pm
FANTASTIC drawing Ace. Well Done matey :D

It's NOT your drawing Acem but the design itself.... But she does look a little top heavy to me

[Profile] [Quote]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: Project DXPosted: October 12th, 2015, 8:32 pm
Great to see this one refined and improved! This proposal is definitely one of the more interesting of the Spruance variations.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Project DXPosted: October 12th, 2015, 9:10 pm
thanks guys!
the top weight might be limited, hangars are just empty boxes of course :P she might even be less bad then the DGV and some other air capable sprucan designs, while those were from actual shipyards! I am on this design more worried about the mentioned details than the overall design.

write-up and drawing added to the first post, btw. something interesting I just found out, btw: the AV-8B does not fit on the elevator of this ship, however the AV-8A that was actually used when this design was made does!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 16  [ 153 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1216 »

Jump to: