Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Bofors 120 armed, Y.102 powered Super Daring designsPosted: September 17th, 2013, 11:20 am
As far as I can see there's no 40mm guns on the 4318. On top of that you've got three directors facing aft but most of the guns are forward.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Bofors 120 armed, Y.102 powered Super Daring designsPosted: September 17th, 2013, 11:31 am
next to the mast are the 40mm guns. the 2 directors at the aft deckhouse have about the same arcs as the 40mm, and they also cover most of the forward arc. only 2 targets straight ahead would pose the directors insufficient, for which the TOM is added forward. the directors are in about the same layout as those of the county class, in which the 40mm were replaced by seacats (which was an about 1 to 1 replacement, something that might have been done had these ships been build)

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Bofors 120 armed, Y.102 powered Super Daring designsPosted: September 20th, 2013, 5:22 pm
Man, those things would have been monsters.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Bofors 120 armed, Y.102 powered Super Daring designsPosted: September 20th, 2013, 11:21 pm
She looks good to me Ace. 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Bofors 120 armed, Y.102 powered Super Daring designsPosted: September 21st, 2013, 11:05 am
I hope to add some traditional 4.5in Mk.VI armed Super Darings later on. I've always been interested in these vessels, and although the details are sketchy and what we draw is best guesses I like to think that these are not far off the mark. Awesome designs these certainly would have been, perhaps outmoded by their completion, but impressive nonetheless.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
geminif4ucorsair
Post subject: Re: Bofors 120 armed, Y.102 powered Super Daring designsPosted: November 22nd, 2013, 4:38 am
Hood wrote:
I hope to add some traditional 4.5in Mk.VI armed Super Darings later on. I've always been interested in these vessels, and although the details are sketchy and what we draw is best guesses I like to think that these are not far off the mark. Awesome designs these certainly would have been, perhaps outmoded by their completion, but impressive nonetheless.
When you get going in that direction, be sure to get the Peruvian navy's modified versions that have reinforced helo landing pads aft, suitable for heavy helicopters (SH-2 Sea King, etc.).

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Bofors 120 armed, Y.102 powered Super Daring designsPosted: December 20th, 2014, 11:18 pm
a bit of conversation about these on the IRC made me remember I misread a passage in british destroyers wrong, and forgot that they were supposed to be all flush decked. as I constantly criticize everyone doing hull shading a bit wrong, it would of course not make sense to keep a drawing I knew to be wrong to be left uncorrected. so, I revisited these.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
I leave the ones in the first post up, to mark my shame :P please comment and please say so if you see anything wrong with these that should be rectified, while I'm at it :P

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Bofors 120 armed, Y.102 powered Super Daring designsPosted: December 21st, 2014, 8:59 am
Very interesting and a great work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Bofors 120 armed, Y.102 powered Super Daring designsPosted: December 21st, 2014, 10:29 am
That's a nice series. Getting these never-weres correct is always a difficult job. I've made mistakes in the past too so don't feel too bad about it.

Also reminds me that I need to do the others in this series. Probably my next big RN never-were project for 2015.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: