Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Early Dutch LCF ProposalPosted: December 5th, 2010, 12:35 pm
[ img ]
based off miho and mitch's new lcf drawing, I have modified one of the old concepts of the ship from it. (this one http://www.kitsune.addr.com/LCF/lcf02.gif)

the main changes are: different placement for ecm, different gun, slightly different bow deck and of course the earlier APAR design.

comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Early Dutch LCF ProposalPosted: December 5th, 2010, 6:37 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
[ img ]
based off miho and mitch's new lcf drawing, I have modified one of the old concepts of the ship from it. (this one http://www.kitsune.addr.com/LCF/lcf02.gif)

the main changes are: different placement for ecm, different gun, slightly different bow deck and of course the earlier APAR design.

comments?
Somewhat annoyed. Not that it's your fault, but I could have sworn that this was on the main page. Apparently it isn't :

[ img ]

anyway, it shows that your rework needs more ummm... work.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Early Dutch LCF ProposalPosted: December 5th, 2010, 6:40 pm
work like what, if I may ask? there are some wrong points of that drawing, but that's not an problem.... I worked from the one drawing I have of it, and changed all what seemed different.... or was that one based on another drawing which I don't have?

EDIT: ok, I agree about the hangar back, sorry the lines aren't clear over there. also, the goalkeeper should be placed lower. but the ESM suite on yours is wrong, and so is the radar just behind the GK. btw... what do you think of the APAR I've drawn from your new one?

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Early Dutch LCF ProposalPosted: December 5th, 2010, 6:54 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
work like what, if I may ask? there are some wrong points of that drawing, but that's not an problem.... I worked from the one drawing I have of it, and changed all what seemed different.... or was that one based on another drawing which I don't have?

EDIT: ok, I agree about the hangar back, sorry the lines aren't clear over there. also, the goalkeeper should be placed lower. but the ESM suite on yours is wrong, and so is the radar just behind the GK. btw... what do you think of the APAR I've drawn from your new one?
Actually:

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

In addition, the aft ECM should be lower, there is an overhanging portion aft of the stacks, instead of a straight down wall, the solid railing covering ht eHarpoons is lower, instead of the Harpoons sitting higher, the Stacom globes sit in the middle of the APAR tower, and as you can see from the other pictures, there is a radar on the opposite corner of the forward ECM. Also, the ECM platform is a lot smaller than the large shelf it became. Except for the side view all of those pics are also on Kitsune's page. You just didn't find em :D

There should be no overhanging plate where the Harpoon mounts meet the main deckhouse though. Also, the intakes for the gas turbines are of a different type than I drew. Hm, actually, this requires a lot of work...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Early Dutch LCF ProposalPosted: December 5th, 2010, 7:04 pm
the problem with these new drawings shows 3 different ships. look at the details.... the top one has another gun, the second one shows an structure without the gap in the center..... but you are right on some points. the fact is: we can't get it entirely right, just because the design changed a lot during those times. you are right on the ecm plats, will add them (but smaller then on yours, they aren't like that(well, in fact they are, but only a bit more angled with the surface)) and the satcoms will be placed acenter. the harpoons are placed rightly now, and the center structure and the end of the hangar will be fixed..... my drawing shows those too, but not that clear. ok? btw, I suggest that both drawings are added to the bucket, as they both represent the ship right.... only on different times. I don't want to start an fight over this, so if there is no agreement about this, I will stop working on this ship.

btw... what do you think of my take on the early APAR?

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Early Dutch LCF ProposalPosted: December 5th, 2010, 7:31 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
the problem with these new drawings shows 3 different ships. look at the details.... the top one has another gun, the second one shows an structure without the gap in the center..... but you are right on some points. the fact is: we can't get it entirely right, just because the design changed a lot during those times. you are right on the ecm plats, will add them (but smaller then on yours, they aren't like that(well, in fact they are, but only a bit more angled with the surface)) and the satcoms will be placed acenter. the harpoons are placed rightly now, and the center structure and the end of the hangar will be fixed..... my drawing shows those too, but not that clear. ok? btw, I suggest that both drawings are added to the bucket, as they both represent the ship right.... only on different times. I don't want to start an fight over this, so if there is no agreement about this, I will stop working on this ship.
True enough. The first one you linked to shows the very first iteration of the LCF. However, some deatils are all the same: The different ECM gear and mounting, the lower ECM mounting at the rear, the APAR tower, the lower railing around the Harpoon mounting. Also, the overhang I marked in the superstructure aft of the stacks is clearly present in severla of those pics, including the one you linekd to. You can debate about putting that radar opposite the forward ECM.
Heck, if we look carefully, in several of those pictures the midshis deckhouse has straight down walls, without the overhang the modern one has.
Quote:
btw... what do you think of my take on the early APAR?
Try this one? The rest of the tower I didn't change, because frankly I'm starving, and am logging off for a while...
[ img ]

Edit: Changed APAR tower and some of the surrounding superstructure. Also, to explain the rather large change in APAR, in all pictures with the old tower, the proportions for APAR section are much closer to 50/50 bottom/top, with the APAR faces covering most of the upper segments. The APAR radar facings have allways been a certain size, it's just the structure around em changed.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Early Dutch LCF ProposalPosted: December 5th, 2010, 9:10 pm
looks like it's better you take over this project..... most of the things I changed appear to be wrong..... I would like to see the APAR faces one pixel smaller though, because right now it looks even uglier then my one....

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Early Dutch LCF ProposalPosted: December 5th, 2010, 9:17 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
looks like it's better you take over this project..... most of the things I changed appear to be wrong..... I would like to see the APAR faces one pixel smaller though, because right now it looks even uglier then my one....
Hm, If you think so. You were just working from a single low-res image, is all. Some details (like the radar attached to the front of the APAR tower) don't really make sense until you look at those other pics.

As for those APAR faces... I might tweek em a bit more, but it's hard to do to much with em without totally screwing up their size...

Pity this thing won't be finished before the new upload session....

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Early Dutch LCF ProposalPosted: December 5th, 2010, 9:25 pm
it's not that there are problems with doing this ship myself, but I have other projects WIP and this was just an quick throwtogheter for myself to find out how it had looked.... and it was yours to begin with ;)

well... back onto my carrier design and my thales super long range single mast concept :D

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Early Dutch LCF ProposalPosted: December 5th, 2010, 9:36 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
it's not that there are problems with doing this ship myself, but I have other projects WIP and this was just an quick throwtogheter for myself to find out how it had looked.... and it was yours to begin with ;)

well... back onto my carrier design and my thales super long range single mast concept :D
Fair enough. I'll get back to it then. Expect it in a day or so : There's a ton of little details I'm now just picking up on, including the position of the liferafts and the 20 mm cannons...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: