Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 18 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page « 116 17 18 19 2024 »
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 27th, 2016, 1:37 pm
Amaziong job Sir! Very nice detailing of the framing/plating on the bow! If I may suggest then do either GK10 or the GK5041.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 27th, 2016, 5:12 pm
Thanks maomatic, Krakatoa, csatahajos.

Maomatic, I really like the L 1, it being a longer Bayern, Shame these weren't the design for the Bayern class.

Krakatoa, there's an idea at the moment I have load of design proposals to draw, who knows.

csatahajos, I have four designs that use the same hulls as ships I've already drawn, and three hulls that have two design variations each, I think I will draw them first before drawing completely new designs. That way I should have four more designs drawn quite quickly, hopefully anyway. I had thought about drawing a Battlecruiser (Grosskreuzer) design study, and the GK 5041 is one of the ships which uses the same hull as another design, so that will be drawn sooner rather than later.

Next design studies to be drawn are GK 4521, GK 4531, and 4532, these are designed on the same hull as the GK 4541. The L 27 will be after them (same hull as the L 28), I'll choose a fresh design to draw after that.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 27th, 2016, 8:42 pm
Whatever you give us from this series is most welcome anyway!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 27th, 2016, 9:07 pm
Hi Tempest!

Looking splendid! That one and L3 are my personal favourites. And, as people are busy dumping proposals all over you - did you consider the early wartime battlecruiser designs with 380mm guns, particularly the one with the long forecastle (I think it was called GK 3, I haven't got my copy of Forstmeier/Breyer's book on German WWI projects at hand)?

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 27th, 2016, 9:41 pm
Thanks csatahajos and Garlicdesign,

There's 28 designs that I've found to draw haha. I am thinking about a drawing a GK ship (I nearly drew one instead of L2) after the four I've mentioned as I haven't drawn one yet. I am glad I drew Baden before attempting the L1 and L2 because I know they wouldn't come out as well as they did otherwise. I really like the L1-L3 series, they are awesome ships in my opinion and I really like the L1 because I see it as a super Bayern, or how the Bayern class should have been built imho. GK 6 is a large ship, I like them all and find it hard to choose sometimes. I don't know wither to complete an entire series before continuing with another or picking drawings as I fancy.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 29th, 2016, 7:44 am
Drawing a big series is a big job, I find it sometimes pays to split things up as you get new ideas of styling etc. that you might regret later on doing them as a big batch.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: October 2nd, 2016, 9:52 pm
Hi guys! Just finished the GK 4521. The GK 4521 was armed with four 42cm guns in 2x2 arrangement, he was to weigh 45,000 tons, have a length of 240m, a beam of 33m and a draught of 10m. Next for me to complete is the GK 4531.

Enjoy.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: October 2nd, 2016, 10:44 pm
Great drawing Tempest.

From the looks of those chunky funnels, GK4521 was going to be a fast beasty. Looks like it exchanged armament for speed and armour?

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: October 2nd, 2016, 11:53 pm
It also just begs to be turned into a carrier in 20s.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 12:13 am
Nice drawing. As for the ship, KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 18 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 116 17 18 19 2024 »

Jump to: