Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1924 »
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 13th, 2016, 7:50 pm
Sounds good. Are you a subscriber of Warship International? There is an awesome series of articles in it abot the German Capital ship designs with serioulsy informative commentary. The sequence is only at the Ostfriesland class but there are a whole lot of new (well previously not published) preliminary designs; so I eagerly wait to theseries to get up to these designs. I can only recommend it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 13th, 2016, 7:56 pm
No I'm not but that sounds very interesting, I'll have to check it out

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 13th, 2016, 8:44 pm
Great work in this thread!

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 24th, 2016, 10:49 pm
I've just finished the L 2 battleship design study, which was armed with ten 38cm guns, the L 2 was a variation of the eight 38cm armed L 1, which I will be drawing next. Information will be added to the 1st page, along with the drawing and a specification.

Enjoy guys :D

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 25th, 2016, 1:08 am
Good looking drawing Tempest, this is fast becoming your 'usual' standard. Well done.

I have done a few AU BB's with the three stack turrets but had never seen the layout on an actual, real/never were, design. Glad to see I am not quite completely bonkers yet.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 25th, 2016, 11:04 am
Thanks Krakatoa. I do like the ten gun design as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 25th, 2016, 11:46 am
Another very nice and well drawn addition to this thread. Nice work!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 26th, 2016, 6:41 pm
L 1 battleship design study completed. I'm not sure what I'm going to draw next.

The L1 was armed with eight 38cm guns, sixteen 15cm, eight 8.8cm FlaK, and five 60cm torpedo tubes.

Information will be added to the 1st page, along with the drawing and a specification.

Enjoy guys :D

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 26th, 2016, 7:46 pm
Very nice work!

One of the more reasonable designs...

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Design Studies of The First World WaPosted: September 27th, 2016, 6:27 am
Had you thought of the Austro-Hungarian Never Weres? They had a lot of BB/BC designs 1916-18. I know a couple may have been done, by Alvama, but there are a lot that have not yet been drawn.

http://www.viribusunitis.ca/predesigns.html

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1924 »

Jump to: