Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1524 »
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: April 19th, 2016, 9:06 pm
Hello again chaps!

I've updated the L 20 e design again, I know, I know but its my baby lol, I've added improved turrets again, the improved 8.8cm FlaK L/45 drawn by maomatic, the improved 110cm searchlight drawn by DG_Alpha and I've slightly recoloured the boats. The drawing is on the first page.

I've also updated Mackensen on the points brought up by Garlicdesign except the shafts. I used a photo of the original model of Mackensen, to help me when drawing the ventilation area between the turrets. This drawing is also on the first page.

Garlicdesign. I thought the actual prop shafts are armoured or at least covered their entire length. I've posted the photo below to clarify, I didn't think the photo would be that big but all the more detail :-) Thanks for your help btw :-)
[ img ]

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: August 13th, 2016, 9:59 pm
For now I am working on updating the GK 4541 battlecruiser design study and am just wondering what people think so far, I don't think I have that much to do, just a matter of the finer details. I won't update the version on the first page until the update is completed.

I've included my original drawing as a comparison

[ img ]

[ img ]

All the best

Tempest.

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: August 14th, 2016, 1:39 pm
A very nice update thus far.

Also great work on the top view!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: August 14th, 2016, 3:23 pm
Looking very good.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: August 14th, 2016, 3:48 pm
I concur. It's really a very good looking update.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: August 14th, 2016, 9:49 pm
Thanks guys

Once I've finished this update I'll return to working on the L 28 battleship project.

I find this project interesting because it has one turret forward and two aft, this layout was considered for various design proposals including the Mackensen class battlecruiser.

[ img ]

All the best

Tempest

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: August 15th, 2016, 12:32 am
That layout does not make much sense with twin turrets. If those were triple, or quad turrets, it would make sense, but not with twins.

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: August 15th, 2016, 2:21 pm
It made sense as they could save a lot of weight with this (shorter forecastle deck and the tallest barbette eliminated) and it also spread out the 3 turrets along the length of the ship making for very good gun arcs and also lessened the chance of one hit knocking out more than one turret. These two points are against the tripple or quad turret layout (well you can always up-armor them but then you don't gain much weight).

Tempest,

would you mind doing some other GK designs as well? Like the http://dreadnoughtproject.org/plans/SM_ ... 100dpi.jpg I think would be fairly easy to mod the L28.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: August 15th, 2016, 2:25 pm
The work you are doing now has certainly improved out of sight since you have been involved in the Jutland Project. Very well done Tempest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: August 15th, 2016, 7:23 pm
Thanks Krakatoa your opinion is much appreciated.

Csatahajos there's many more projects that I wish to draw fom that website and that is one of them.

All the best

Tempest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1524 »

Jump to: