Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: H Class Super battleship, H44Posted: August 23rd, 2010, 11:00 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote:
I will continue. But two minus grades took me off drawing.
Maybe that's a hint.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: H Class Super battleship, H44Posted: August 24th, 2010, 3:53 am
acelanceloet wrote:
please consider the time era this ship sailed in. it was in WO2, where you had only bad aimed dumb bombs, non-guided torpedo's and grenades. and I suppose this ship is armored very well, which makes it a lot less vulnerable.
Perhaps you should let the crew of the Roma know about your stunning historical insight. Or the U-boat crews, or the good folks at China Lake.

[Profile] [Quote]
Canadai
Post subject: Re: H Class Super battleship, H44Posted: August 24th, 2010, 3:57 am
If you're really getting desperate against something like that, an Iowa class at full steam to the side tends to make boats unhappy.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: H Class Super battleship, H44Posted: August 24th, 2010, 4:17 am
Either way, ludicrous or not, it's a real proposal so...I guess we have to leave the kid alone on this one...

...dot dot dot question mark?

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: H Class Super battleship, H44Posted: August 24th, 2010, 5:47 am
Canadai wrote:
If you're really getting desperate against something like that, an Iowa class at full steam to the side tends to make boats unhappy.
No need. Tarzon is plenty.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: H Class Super battleship, H44Posted: August 24th, 2010, 8:17 am
erik_t wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
please consider the time era this ship sailed in. it was in WO2, where you had only bad aimed dumb bombs, non-guided torpedo's and grenades. and I suppose this ship is armored very well, which makes it a lot less vulnerable.
Perhaps you should let the crew of the Roma know about your stunning historical insight. Or the U-boat crews, or the good folks at China Lake.
ok ok... they hadn't ONLY dumb weapons.... but the majority of the kills in WO2 was made using dumb weapons, if I'm right. the smart ones were only used near the end of the war....... but you are right, I was too fast with my comment ;) I will do some research next time I say something like that.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: H Class Super battleship, H44Posted: August 24th, 2010, 4:20 pm
The vast majority of kills were by unguided weapons largely because, by the time guided weapons were ready, there wasn't much left to kill.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: