Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Krakatoa
Post subject: Danae Class AA designs (from descriptions in Friedmans)Posted: October 8th, 2014, 12:45 am
After I did an AA version of a D class cruiser in Personal Designs, Hood advised me of the Admiralties plans and design details for converting the D class cruisers along the lines of the C class cruisers. There were no drawings or descriptions as to the layout of the ships other than to note that the main armament would be 8 x 4.5" (4x2), 4 x 2pd (1 quad), and two 0.5" quad heavy machine gun mountings. The torpedoes were not mentioned, but as there was top weight being added to the ships the first thing removed from the older cruisers were their sets of torpedo tubes. A further design utilising the twin 4" mountings (five), quad 2pd and quad 0.5" machine guns. Bridge structures and other superstructures would be kept the same as much as possible, altered to carry extra electronics outfits.

I have used the C class conversions (drawn by Novice) and the real life HMS Delhi to base the conversions on shown below.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Danae Class AA designs (from descriptions in Friedmans)Posted: October 8th, 2014, 3:51 am
Wow! Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Danae Class AA designs (from descriptions in Friedmans)Posted: October 8th, 2014, 4:55 pm
Very interesting and a good work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Danae Class AA designs (from descriptions in Friedmans)Posted: October 8th, 2014, 4:56 pm
Very cool, like the 1940 version a lot!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Danae Class AA designs (from descriptions in Friedmans)Posted: October 8th, 2014, 5:20 pm
very interesting :D :mrgreen:
JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Danae Class AA designs (from descriptions in Friedmans)Posted: October 9th, 2014, 7:55 am
Very nice work!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs”

Jump to: