Garlic, Garlic, Garlic :|
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Ersatz MonarchPosted: December 6th, 2014, 6:53 pm
Hello again!

Colombamike, I am sure you also know this one:

[ img ]

This - according to Breyer - was the final design which was prepared just before the whole project was dropped, so that's the one that I choose. I added the rigging from the previous design because the drawing showed none.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Ersatz MonarchPosted: December 6th, 2014, 8:35 pm
Garlicdesign wrote:
This - according to Breyer - was the final design which was prepared just before the whole project was dropped, so that's the one that I choose. I added the rigging from the previous design because the drawing showed none.
Hmmm,
Better to use a official drawing (austro-hungarian shipyard, 1912-1914 drawing) than using a drawing from a...BOOK :| :roll: :geek: :ugeek:
PS: and the forward-bow from the Breyer book don't match the 1913-1915 era austro-hungarian BB design (more 1910s traditionnal style...)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ersatz MonarchPosted: December 6th, 2014, 8:43 pm
Colombamike wrote:
Garlicdesign wrote:
Hmmm,
Better to use a official drawing (austro-hungarian shipyard, 1912-1914 drawing) than using a drawing from a...BOOK :| :roll: :geek: :ugeek:
PS: and the forward-bow from the Breyer book don't match the 1913-1915 era austro-hungarian BB design (more 1910s traditionnal style...)
I look forward to your drawings following official shipyard plans :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Ersatz MonarchPosted: December 6th, 2014, 8:55 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
I look forward to your drawings following official shipyard plans
:lol:
You are so stupid that you are capable to prefer draw a ship with using book-sources than using OFFICIAL SHIPYARDS SOURCES
:lol: :lol: :lol:

End for me in this thread
Good luck Garlic :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ersatz MonarchPosted: December 6th, 2014, 9:21 pm
Colombamike wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
I look forward to your drawings following official shipyard plans
:lol:
You are so stupid that you are capable to prefer draw a ship with using book-sources than using OFFICIAL SHIPYARDS SOURCES
:lol: :lol: :lol:

End for me in this thread
Good luck Garlic :mrgreen:
you misunderstood. or you are just an asshole that likes to insult people. or both.
shipyard sources are always better, if they are to be found. if an book describes an design that is not found in the plans, but which did exist, why would you not use the book source? garlicdesign has even looked at the yard source for the parts the book did not cover. I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

on the other hand, you barge in, call large parts of his drawing wrong, and then try to save yourself by saying something obvious. and then you call me an idiot? I will let this matter rest after this, as I do not wish to spam down this thread with an excellent drawing (great work garlicdesign!) but I will not stay silent when insulted without any good reason.

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: Ersatz MonarchPosted: December 6th, 2014, 11:43 pm
I played around with this for about a month off and on. It's so great to see a version here and as always a great Garlicdesign drawing. Such beautiful details.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Ersatz MonarchPosted: April 24th, 2015, 12:14 pm
After messing around with my various AU left-overs, I came back to this drawing that Has been around quite long, as in matter of fact she was a first Battleship to join the original bucket during the Photobucket account days, and thus started the older ships entry to the SB templates. Now after many years and since the style has devolved, I decided to give it a reotouching to the latest fashion for projects that migth not see the ligth of the day, and later I deligthfully noticed garlic going on the Breyer's version of presenting the class, offering me to show this more common rendition without stepping any toes:

[ img ]

Aside borrowing Garlicdesign's propellors from his drawing, it remains otherwise same as the old drawing from 2008 vintage, but this time on proper K.u.K quise. Im not sure of the colors, how accurate they migth be, but lets just say Im more fond of lighter shades than the darker ones...
For the tertiary armament I was bit puzzled. This class is usually mentioned with 9cm/45 gun, but after finding any reference of said skoda gun (perhaps someone knows more??) I went with the 7cm/45 in AA mount and 10cm/50 ones instead.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Ersatz MonarchPosted: April 24th, 2015, 12:22 pm
Looks very good, as you say the colours are a bit garish, but its a nice update.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Ersatz MonarchPosted: April 24th, 2015, 12:43 pm
Indeed it's garish but its a change from drab colours,very nice work Golly as always

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: