Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 13th, 2011, 5:57 pm
getting closer.....
only some detailing of the hull and structure left, and adding some stuff to the flight deck....
btw, the upper mast, some parts of the hull and the '78' are crazyhorses work, does this need crediting? I am not sure, as it is on the edge of credit or not to credit.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 13th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 13th, 2011, 9:15 pm
all openings in the 'plate' with the liferafts on are impossible. hangar is taken from the drawing, but I will relook it.... about antenna's and navigation bridge you are right.....
and for the anchor: anybody knows where the zumwalt's will be positioned?
zumwalt is an completely different ship, navs and satcoms are taken from the ford because of that... I will keep this mast, unless somebody has an idea which WORKS!

the liferafts are placed on an position where the waves can't reach them in an storm, your position will most likely be vulnerable.

but this is exactly why I had problems with the liferafts from my first post onwards -.-

[Profile] [Quote]
Remko
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 13th, 2011, 10:11 pm
I wonder if there's such a thing as a 'navigational' bridge up front. I never read anything conclusive as to what the window-like holes are. I always assumed they were part of the catapults, as there are two cats on the top deck, as well as one on every lower deck either side of the hangar.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 14th, 2011, 2:46 am
Every USN carrier since the beginning of forever has had a (emergency) conn right forward, underneath the forward edge of the flight deck. For whatever that's worth.

[Profile] [Quote]
Remko
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 14th, 2011, 6:43 am
erik_t wrote:
Every USN carrier since the beginning of forever has had a (emergency) conn right forward, underneath the forward edge of the flight deck. For whatever that's worth.
Oh, that's right. I've read that somewhere. I've never seen any photo's of that though (except for he three holes in the forward bow). But, as you said, they have it underneath the forward edge of the flightdeck. On the CVX concept they are right on the edge of the flight deck, meaning the top of the flightdeck is also the roof of the secondary bridge. I don't think that would be very safe...

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 14th, 2011, 7:31 am
Deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 14th, 2011, 5:33 pm
you know the fletcher design was fanmade?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 14th, 2011, 5:59 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
you know the fletcher design was fanmade?
YES, I am fully aware
but between having no solution and do nothing or try to be drawing +/- closer to reality...
(In the worst case, If for you this "stealthly-anchor" were not the good one, you can use the LPD-17 anchor style ?)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 15th, 2011, 11:32 am
this is it. I will not work on this one anymore. if anybody wants to use it for an AU: please ask first, but most likely I will say yes ;)
credit to crazyhorse is for the underwater hull, the hull details and the mast.
Attachment:
CVN CVX concept 3C.png
I hope people everywhere on the net will take a look at this if they want to know how this ship could have looked, instead of looking at this:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/ ... ra3005.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: