Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 15th, 2011, 10:26 pm
Whatever doors might eventually enclose the liferafts, they should be part of a low-observable structure that stands proud of the side of the ship. One does not wish to cut a million little holes in a structural shell.

[Profile] [Quote]
Remko
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 16th, 2011, 12:42 pm
How about just redesigning the liferaft containers? This is a new ship, opitmised for stealth, it stands to reason that, in order to keep adar signature low, the liferaft containers will be stealthy as well, at leas if hey ar positioned on the outsides of the ship. A 'simple' coat of radar absorbing paint would help alot as well.

BTW, the navigational-bridge/emergency conn or whatever it is in front of the lightdeck should be angled to deflect radar beams. A 90 degree angle just won't do on a stealt ship. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 16th, 2011, 7:02 pm
...the only piece of advice I have on this is: to just stop because this is going nowhere. I'm sorry but you are clearly not ready to do something like this.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 16th, 2011, 7:13 pm
klagldsf wrote:
...the only piece of advice I have on this is: to just stop because this is going nowhere. I'm sorry but you are clearly not ready to do something like this.
WTF!
what reasoning is behind this? I have enough drawing skills.... or are you pointing at knowledge? my knowledge of US navy ships is not very large, indeed, as I see them as ugly beasts most of the time. I drew this ship partially to expand my knowledge, though. something wrong with that?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 16th, 2011, 7:53 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
what reasoning is behind this? I have enough drawing skills.... or are you pointing at knowledge?
Maybe skills a little bit - people have pointed out things that I know you can do better on - but maybe knowledge. The more I see this thread go on, the more I can tell it's becoming a headache for you. I can see it with each drawing progression actually.

I dunno. I'm not saying you suck I'm saying quit while you're ahead.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 16th, 2011, 8:08 pm
hmm. you might be right on that..... that's why I said to stop working on it already, but the liferafts and so on make it hard to me, as I mostly draw own designs or smaller ships....
if anybody want to take over? (maybe this is something for colombimikes first drawing project on sb, as he seems to know quite a lot of the required things....)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 16th, 2011, 9:32 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
hmm. you might be right on that..... that's why I said to stop working on it already, but the liferafts and so on make it hard to me, as I mostly draw own designs or smaller ships....if anybody want to take over? (maybe this is something for colombimikes first drawing project on sb, as he seems to know quite a lot of the required things....)
Alas, I personally lack of time (and patience) to draw, and this from the beginning... :?
Personally I think acelanceloet have some good capacity to draw

When I see that after my latest criticism, there was a rain of furthers comments (mainly on the life-rafts), I think, Acelanceloet, that you have to do a final update on this drawing:
- The Island/bridge may be to completely redo or refined ?
- V-22 Osprey to be added
- Number of life-rafts to review (look the comment from MitcheLL300 about this)
- Maybe few others minors details

No more

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 16th, 2011, 10:10 pm
I think I've found a solution to the life raft problem.
Attachment:
Untitled.png
The arrangement is explained in the small drawing above the flightdeck.
I went with a crew of approximately 4000.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 17th, 2011, 7:30 am
Deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: CVX 3C (Stealthy Monohull)Posted: January 17th, 2011, 11:05 am
Deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: