Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
titania68
Post subject: Re: SS United States NCLPosted: May 16th, 2015, 5:56 am
here is an updated version.
her davits are fixed, so are her funnels and her hull color is lighter.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: SS United States NCLPosted: May 16th, 2015, 7:23 am
Just regarding what the other said about the shading on the bow, perhaps just remove hull shading forwards of the bridge (except the stem and bottom of the hull)

I'm seeing what looks like some freehand drawn sections, hence the double black on two curves aft of the aft funnel and the bulwark on the bow. Use the curved line tool if using MS paint, gives a considerably neat curve.

The bit of rigging aft of the second funnel looks like it needs to be replaced as it seems to be three lines on different angles rather than a straight /or/curved line, removing the crane changes the line of the rigging as the mid-support is gone

Also think you missed a line under the second funnel, no dividing line between the superstructure and the funnel.

Odd that the original has very non-standard shading especially with those funnels which the front of which should be lightly shaded. Hope this was of some help :)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
titania68
Post subject: Re: SS United States NCLPosted: May 19th, 2015, 6:21 am
I am working on updating Big U, and this is a before and after picture showing what she originally looked like and what I have now.
you will notice that I have not changed the original credits for the original picture.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: