Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt designs of Soviet military hydrofoilsPosted: September 7th, 2015, 7:45 pm
Thanks!

@Hood
Technically speaking these are exhausts from turbine engines that also act as spray guard.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt designs of Soviet military hydrofoilsPosted: September 8th, 2015, 8:20 pm
Ah, yes I can see that now!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt designs of Soviet military hydrofoilsPosted: September 13th, 2015, 9:22 am
Around the 1970-1971 another design based on Pr.1141 hydrofoil was made, this time of a fast border guard vessel designated Pr.1141P (most likely P stands for Pogranichnyi - Border). Details of the armament and equipment are bit vague but it seems to be armed with 76mm gun, 30mm AAA and two pairs of (probably trainable) torpedo launchers, most likely of 400mm calibre.

[ img ]

Note: the device installed in front of the bridge remains bit of a mystery to me. It's location (relative to gun and torpedo launchers, as well as the amount of space around) suggests it's not a RBU launcher despite superficial similarity. Same can be said about light SAM launcher.

EDIT: Per Gollevainen's and Progress's helpful suggestions I replaced the "mysterious device" with Kolonka fire-control system (for main gun).

Last edited by eswube on September 17th, 2015, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt designs of Soviet military hydrofoilsPosted: September 13th, 2015, 10:25 am
Very nice. Wonder if this project is the precursor to the Pr.133 Antarets?

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt designs of Soviet military hydrofoilsPosted: September 14th, 2015, 7:52 pm
Thanks Hood!
Well, in a way it was, though of course indirectly.

On the page 1 added the 1967 and 1969 interim designs of Pr.1141.
(Seen below for temporary preview)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt designs of Soviet military hydrofoilsPosted: September 15th, 2015, 5:53 am
These last are actually very close to the final Pr.1141 as it built.

Let me guess, next will follow the evolution of Pr.1240 Sarancha or there is other designs between?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt designs of Soviet military hydrofoilsPosted: September 15th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Not quite. There are still some Pr.1141/11451 derivatives left, while Pr.1240 is a different story.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt designs of Soviet military hydrofoilsPosted: September 16th, 2015, 7:49 am
Very nice additions.
I wonder if the unknown rack on the Pr.1141P is some kind of rocket illuminants launcher?

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt designs of Soviet military hydrofoilsPosted: September 16th, 2015, 10:14 am
Quote:
Note: the device installed in front of the bridge remains bit of a mystery to me. It's location (relative to gun and torpedo launchers, as well as the amount of space around) suggests it's not a RBU launcher despite superficial similarity. Same can be said about light SAM launcher
I belive its presenting the Kolonka man portable director just right front of the bridge. Also IMO the maingun in the project should be the A-220 57mm instead of the AK-176, at least thats what the shape of the gun reminds me most. That is that we are talking about the same reference drawing in the book "Sokolinaya Ohota" ?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Unbuilt designs of Soviet military hydrofoilsPosted: September 16th, 2015, 6:15 pm
@Gollevainen
Thank You for the suggestions, my source is indeed "Sokolnaya Okhota", but I have to admit that I am somewhat unconvinced.
1) Kolonka - problem is, that there already is one Kolonka behind the mainmast, and with much better observation arc. Also, on the source drawing both devices are of very uneven size.
2) A-220 - that possibility seems more likely, but the source is quite vague (and source picture of rather low quality), that it looks quite similar to AK-176 as well. And since I know of one, very blurry photo of A-220 (as opposed to current A-220M), trying to draw it accurately would be highly challenging. ;)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: