Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
wkstl
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 27th, 2017, 4:47 am
Rodondo wrote: *
wkstl wrote: *
citizen lambda wrote: *
I was going to say that it looked original enough at a glance, but that the red area between shafts and hull should be cleaned up, and then I checked Golly's legacy Udaloy and noticed that that red area was there for a reason in that case :D
The Pr.11990 above, for all its other qualities, reuses this element (at least) without good reason, which requires correction or crediting.

That being said, the drawing is not bad in and of itself. May I ask which sources you used? The layout seems credible, but the versions I have seen used other systems, like Uragan instead of Fort.
Uragan was older design, the last one use Fort-M
Fort-M seems drastic though for this sort of ship, Urugan at the time was well fielded and proven, unlike the Fort-M which was being put in only Pyotr Velikiy which merits a question why wasn't it repeated (probably wight and the collapse of the USSR but I digress)
Land version of Fort-M, S-300PM begin to test at 1990, so it were possible on new ship after 1990s.
meanwhile, missile 48N6 series can be used by S-300F, but missile's range at 50nmi is limited by range of 3R41 FCR.

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 31st, 2017, 5:38 pm
wkstl wrote: *
Land version of Fort-M, S-300PM begin to test at 1990, so it were possible on new ship after 1990s.
meanwhile, missile 48N6 series can be used by S-300F, but missile's range at 50nmi is limited by range of 3R41 FCR.
Not convinced. AFAIK the 3S48 launcher of the S-300FM Fort-M has larger tubes than the B-203A of the S-300F to carry the 48N6 missile. I would do this the other way around, with a 3M48 system built in from the beginning and carrying 5V55 missiles early on. This assumes that the 4R48 radar is available and reliable from day one.
All this being said, construction of Pr.11990 wasn't started as of 1992 IRL, so any later lay-down date would yield an IOC somewhere right of 1998, by which time the Fort-M system could have been developed further.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: