Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: Thornycroft Seaplane CarrierPosted: February 16th, 2011, 5:52 pm
Thiel wrote:
Anyway, according to this picture RAF Seagulls were brown, and since, if memory serves, the FAA were under RAF control at the time it seems logical that their Seagulls should also be brown.
All the colour pictures I've seen of the Seagull shows it in brown, and the B/W pictures shows it as a dark colour of some sort.
The picture you posted is the artwork on a box of the aircraft model, but it seems to be the same aircraft, that I, myself, posted earlier on this thread :oops: , so I believe you're right about the color. Also you're right about the FAA being part of the RAF, that being the reason it was called Fleet Air Arm in the first place :)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Thornycroft Seaplane CarrierPosted: February 16th, 2011, 6:41 pm
She looks good to me Thiel.This site explains the thoroughly confusing history of the FAA.
http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/History/Index.htm

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Thornycroft Seaplane CarrierPosted: February 17th, 2011, 4:34 pm
An excellent drawing of a very interesting design :) , and bears comparison with HMAS Albatross, as a later ship for the same general role.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Thornycroft Seaplane CarrierPosted: February 17th, 2011, 4:57 pm
Thiel I've got good drawings for Ark Royal 1914,Engadine 1916,Campania 1915 and Vindictive 1917.If yourself or PB would like them PM. 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Thornycroft Seaplane CarrierPosted: February 17th, 2011, 5:10 pm
I'd like them.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Thornycroft Seaplane CarrierPosted: February 17th, 2011, 5:16 pm
No probs mate I will scan them up and PM to you tonight.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Thornycroft Seaplane CarrierPosted: February 17th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Thank you.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Thornycroft Seaplane CarrierPosted: February 17th, 2011, 6:11 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
An excellent drawing of a very interesting design :) , and bears comparison with HMAS Albatross, as a later ship for the same general role.
High praise that. Though I have to admit that it's a beauty compared to the Albatross. (The ship, not the drawing)

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Thornycroft Seaplane CarrierPosted: February 17th, 2011, 10:10 pm
Bombhead wrote:
Thiel I've got good drawings for Ark Royal 1914,Engadine 1916,Campania 1915 and Vindictive 1917.If yourself or PB would like them PM. 8-)
HMS Vindictive is on my list as part of the Hawkins class cruisers in my worklist

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Thornycroft Seaplane CarrierPosted: February 17th, 2011, 10:21 pm
No problem.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 60 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: