It's normal to shade for light coming in from front, Now you have shaded for light coming in from the side.
What you do:
- light grey on that part of the structure on the ship that are facing forward toward the light
- dark grey on that part of superstructure that are facing away from the light
- There should be some shading on the 76 mm, find a picture and see what's what.
- that part of the superstructure just behind the funnel, where the life raft are, should be in the same grey color as rest of the superstructure, you have now colored it as something is hanging over it and blocking the light.
- The mast should also be in same color as the superstructure, there is nothing there that are blocking the light.
- underwater hull could have some simple shading, more advance shading if you know how the hull lock like
- many ships have railing around or behind the lift raft, and some ships have nothing.
- There must be a way to get to those liferafts, trough a hatch or ladder
- no black line between funnel and superstructure, it's enough with dark grey. Black color if it's 90 degrees.
- if you study the picture bellow, you can see there is an line going from front of the funnel and down to the helicopter deck. due to the hangar structure isn't perfect flat