Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: October 31st, 2017, 7:36 pm
Continued from here : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7954

This is how far I am now for the BH.7 Mk 6 (according public illustrations).

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: October 31st, 2017, 8:09 pm
With dummy missile boxes (not sure about shading)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: October 31st, 2017, 8:13 pm
looks good, just make sure that you use black line for 90 degrees corner and dark gray for corners that are not 90 degrees. and shading for corners that are round and not sharp.

you can even try to do some shading on the 76mm gun and the egg

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: October 31st, 2017, 8:30 pm
The "egg" is copied from the "Dutch Radars" designed by ace and the OTO Melara is from Parts Sheet. Also skirt needs some work, madmike posted a better source from an italian magazine.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: October 31st, 2017, 8:47 pm
You can put shading on parts, however keep them consistent with the shading on the rest. right now, there is more shading on the egg then on the hovercraft :P

that said, I think the frame under the egg would look better with a 3 line frame instead of a 1 line, but try it out for yourself. The skirt is relatively soft, so use rounded lines, no hard corners. Choose a colour scheme for everything (parts, hovercraft, whatever) and stick to it. and I am not certain the WM is on the position it should be right now: the radar in the bottom half looks to be mostly blocked by the surface search radar on the pilothouse and the propulsion, should it not be slightly higher?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: October 31st, 2017, 9:10 pm
Actually the grey was taken from Bombhead's SR.N4 (old archives) and the skirt as well, modified for the shorter hull. DP drew an SR.N4 in civilian colors (Hoverspeed).

I too believe that frame under the egg needs improvements. Keep follow the thread, thanks for advice!

Last edited by odysseus1980 on November 2nd, 2017, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 1st, 2017, 5:35 am
:o W O W :!: :!: :!:

EXCELLENT work Odysseus :shock:

Jolly WELL DONE my old fruit... Well Done indeed :D

Can't WAIT to see MORE please...... Much, MUCH more :!: :geek: :P

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 1st, 2017, 2:36 pm
These drawings look dimensionally sound, but they really need some color attention (I do recognize they're WIPs). Overall shading as well as black lines that might better be dark grays to illustrate the shape of the structure.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 1st, 2017, 4:13 pm
I found better sources in a book I bought (came to my hands today morning) and the drawning will be modified to corrent dimensions (above drawing is a bit too long).

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 8:24 am
According to Jane's 1985 Surface Skimmers, there were 2 variants of BH.7 Mk 20 with different hulls. Early was 13.8m wide (same with BH.7 Mk 4/ Mk 5), lengthened by 4.9m and the "Improved" which is 15.6m wide and 2.1m longer than previous. However, BH.7 Mk6 seem to be 33m long overall.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: