Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Dutch battlecruiser projectsPosted: May 9th, 2011, 10:40 pm
Excellent work, Alvama! Just awesome to look at! Wonder what their names could've been. I have a few suggestions: HrMs Gouden Leeuw; HrMs Hollandia; HrMs Tijdverdrijf, for instance...

And (I think Ace commented on this), the Japanese were an ever growing menace and potential threat to the Dutch East Indies, ever since Adm. Kamimura Hikonjo had violated the right of passage through the Sunda Straits, while searching for Russian men-o'-war in March and April 1905, during the Russo-Japanese War. This war also definitely established Imperial Japan as a Great Power, and President Theodore Roosevelt, a great admirer of the Japanese conceded certain territorial expansion to them; which, co-incidentally would have conflicted with Dutch interests! Hence the pursuit of the Dutch to try and create a viable East Indies Fleet!

[Profile] [Quote]
dreadnaught111
Post subject: Re: Dutch battlecruiser projectsPosted: May 11th, 2011, 2:05 am
She's not quite as handsome as your first battlecruiser, but she's still quite the looker. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Dutch battlecruiser projectsPosted: May 20th, 2011, 8:20 am
With the exception of the upper superstructure, its very reminiscent of the Scharnorst Battlecruisers

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: