Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Project B-65 Super Type A CruiserPosted: August 12th, 2019, 5:10 am
First off, beautiful work!

Secondly,
erik_t wrote: *
It is remarkable how abrasive some people can be.
'Abrasive' isn't the word I'd use. I won't say what I use since Colo has already asked us to veer away from foul language.
erik_t wrote: *
Maybe ban all of the obnoxious smileys and force everyone to communicate like an adult (or see if they're able).
It's doubtful.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project B-65 Super Type A CruiserPosted: August 12th, 2019, 9:01 am
I think David has done a good job here.

Drawing never-were's is never easy. You have to make a conscious decision whether to draw the original design or a hypothetical 'as commissioned' drawing. Its far easier and simpler to stick to the original, as the design looked on the drawing board. Sometimes source material makes that very difficult to achieve and interpretation is required to fill the gaps.

In this case there are fewer gaps but I would raise the following points.
One of the source drawings looks like an AU fanpic rather than a real B-65.
Tzoil's drawing on the wordpress site seems to indicate one of the design iterations but I am not sure which one.
The other drawings posted in this thread seem to be the classical B65 that is often seen in print (100mm secondaries all on one level, raised catapult and straight bow stem.
So it would be good to confirm which design iteration of B-65 is depicted here.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Project B-65 Super Type A CruiserPosted: August 12th, 2019, 10:30 am
SHipbucket Forum has two mentions in its rules:

1, 1. Mutual respect among forum members is expected at all times. and 2, 4. This is a family-friendly forum. Use of foul language or offensive content in avatars, profiles, signatures, or posts is not allowed.

Now, since these lines were crossed, and since sadly this is not the first time, Something needs to be done. Colombamike, Poisoning the forum and community atmosphere with attitude of yours is not called for, not justified and at by no means nesserical. Therefore I've sended you into a little vacation that I hope you will use for good purpose to learn some better ways of giving feedback and critisism.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Project B-65 Super Type A CruiserPosted: August 12th, 2019, 10:57 am
Really nice executed drawing David! I cant tell anything about the specifications or if you did something wrong, i leave that to others.

However as told before, a purple block between the barrels of the secondairies on the top view are viewable on both sides PS/SB
Also some white pixel dots can be found around the seaplane. I guess this is ms paints fault (got it a lot to when i copy stuff from a different saved file in the other)

Cant wait to see more of your work!

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: Project B-65 Super Type A CruiserPosted: August 12th, 2019, 12:40 pm
a very well made and executed drawing, there are some stylistic aspects that I don't agree with but that doesn't change the fact that the drawing as a whole is a very good one

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Project B-65 Super Type A CruiserPosted: August 12th, 2019, 6:55 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote: *

However as told before, a purple block between the barrels of the secondairies on the top view are viewable on both sides PS/SB
Also some white pixel dots can be found around the seaplane. I guess this is ms paints fault (got it a lot to when i copy stuff from a different saved file in the other)
OOPS! they've been fixed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Miklania
Post subject: Re: Project B-65 Super Type A CruiserPosted: August 12th, 2019, 8:24 pm
The drawing looks great. I'm not an expert on IJN ships, so I can't comment specifically on the quality of the source information. That said, BB1987's information is probably the stuff I would go with.

I would like to make one point on the nature of historical research, which Mike seemed to miss. Age of secondary sources is not linked to their quality. With primary sources, of course, you want the stuff closest to the event of interest. With secondary sources though, there is a lot to be said for the techniques and information available to the most recent researcher. I've had professors, old fashioned and conservative professors, scratch sources off my bibliographies because they are "too dated."

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Project B-65 Super Type A CruiserPosted: August 15th, 2019, 9:30 am
Removed. See new posting of revised depiction. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: