Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 73 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 171 72 73 74 75 76 »
KonPtol
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 15th, 2014, 9:48 am
Yes i mean some modern ones.Modern fighters and attack helicopters.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 15th, 2014, 1:57 pm
Under license were built Mirage F1EG, Mirage 2000 and Rafale. For attack helicopter HLK joint in the Tiger program and built 60 total of these modern helicopters. HAA Tigers can use amny indigenous weapons-from laser guided missiles E-105(based on Israeli LAHAT) to E-165 (equivalent with Hellfire). Optic fibre guided anti-tank missiles are being tested.

Also AB212 and all AS332/532 of Navy, Fire Brigade, Coast Guard and Army were built or assemblied under lisence. A {program of built under license Sukhoi Su-35 will start soon. A109 and EC-135 were also built/assemblied uner license.

A new indigenous helicopter in NH90 category is on design board.

New technology for fighters is very expensive and not easily available. France is one of few countries which are willing to give know how. In HLK experience of Mirage/Rafale program used to modernise older airframes of M2000. The AC-300 (attack version) is a modern light fighter capable of using laser guided weapons, anti-radar missiles, small anti-ship missiles (for attacking amphibious forces) and finally gun pods. Some are already in service and building program continues. The AC-300D is strippped of many systems but can carry ASTAC pod and other systems for monitoring military exersices. It is entirely developed in Hellenic Kingdom, even its programmable fly-by-wire system (developed with experience from M2000 and Rafale). It can simulate the flight characteristics of all RHAF fighters and trials with the software for simulating Su-35 is amost ready. Also F-16 and F-4E can be simulated.

RHAF has one of best Early Warning Radars in service today, on AC-122 AEW, co-developed with Israel. The platform supports Link16/Link11, everything under it are intergrated to a completely indigenous C4ISTAR system, written in indigenous software in hellenic language. Even a early warning system for stealth fighters is under development, while for ships is already in service, based on distatic radars and a variety of sensors. Hypersonic anti-ship and land attack missiles will be entered service with Navy and Air Force in next decade.

In a few years WIG aircraft (or ekranoplanes) will patrolling the Aegean (in page 49 I have the prototype).

Look also in page 61 some missiles in service in HLK. More are coming (former, current, future).

Last edited by odysseus1980 on December 16th, 2014, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
KonPtol
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 15th, 2014, 10:03 pm
In here i see AU states as Venezuela having their own designs of fighters an other aircrafts.So why a AU Hellas should not?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 15th, 2014, 10:37 pm
Because they're different completely unrelated AUs?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 15th, 2014, 11:12 pm
Yes these two AUs are unrelated.

I have in mind to design a light single engine fighter to replace in my AU the Mirage 2000, armament will be Russian and French missiles. The new aircraft would be equivalent with Gripen, with AESA radar, with some low radar signature features.

But first I have several other projects to finish.

Beyond from hardware, a nation with so significant geopolitic place as Hellas (real or AU) shall has a balanced policy among all superpowers to survive, but remind them also its own interersts. In East Med is located then second only nation with hellenic population (Cyprus) and except of being the crossroad between East/West and North/South, Hellas is located under one very unstable area. Balkans are a true mosaic of nationalities, tribes and religions which in depth hate each other, plus being rich in natural resources.

If we had a fleet of all indigenous fighters, helicopters etc (AU Hellas can do it, did in the past and now has significant know how and more andvanced industrial capabitlies from 1960's and 1970's), other Balkan nations would be feel threatened. Superpowers also will, since all have significant interests to Balkans.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 17th, 2014, 7:09 am
A never built destroyer from 1940:

The Nestor Heavy Destroyer Class was designed in late 1940 for replacing the 1920's designed Aegina Class. With twin British Ordnace/EPK guns 120/45 DP (or 4.7" HA), six 2-pdr (one quad, two singles) and four 20mm Oerlikon AA (made under lisence as EPK30AΑ form 1930) she would be a very effective ship, balanced between AA and surface warfare. Except from guns, she had also 40 Thunder I-N rockets (102mm, 12km range, fin stabilized) and five torpedo tubes with MkIX/MkVIII torpedoes. Propulsion would be two METKA M30 steam turbines with four Vasiliades boilers for 36kn max speed. Unfortunately, the situation of Hellenic Kingdom in 1940-1941 was against Nestor Class. However, Thunder I-N rockets did entered service, on Rhodes Class (a variant of Aegina Class).

[ img ]

Several other ships would have the 120/45 DP gun, among them light cruisers, heavy cruisers and a "seaplane carrier/cruiser" (this would be the rival of Miltiades Class, with two British Ordnace/EPK 152/50 guns, twin 120/45 DP, four quad 2-pdr and several 20mm and a large hangar amidships with catapult for three seaplanes SHAF K-4S).

P.S I have in my mind a post war version of Nestor, built 1947-1952, with 120/45 DP guns, Bofors 40/L60 and 20mm. She would have British radars/directors and later received ASROC and upgraded electronics. Served in Black Sea until end of Cold War.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on December 21st, 2014, 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 17th, 2014, 1:34 pm
A few q about Nestor ?

- Why the rockets ? what are they for that a 3rd gun turrets couldn't do better ?
- Do you need 2 directors for 2 turrets ? Will be very expensive to have lots of such complicated bits of kit.
- Is the light AA fit to much for 40 ? its good but (six 2-pdr (one quad, two singles) and four 20mm Oerlikon AA) makes her very AA focused for 1940 (compared to only 4 x 4.7 guns)
- are the funnels to far forward ? (depending on her speed how big are the boiler rooms ?)

Still looks nice thought,
JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 17th, 2014, 2:38 pm
Nestor did not even laid up, design had several flaws and thakfully she did not built. Hellenic Navy did have new destroyers, built on British F and G classes.

The rockets were indeed used for fire support in several occasions and proved themshelves. The land version was also very succesful. Their designer had in mind an antiship missile, but it was too ambitious for Hellenic Kingdom of 1939-40.

These boilers were a very awkward design, evoluted from a design for electricity producing factories of mid 1920's, as also the powerplant M30.

If she had entered service, she would have one director. Although Economides Factory had acheived remarkable timetables providing directors, had reached production limit. The reason for two directors was tht RHN was worried against the numbers of Regia Aeronautica. Even hellenic built F/G had more AA guns than their British cousins.

The biggest nightmare however of RHN top officers were Italian submarines. 110 Italian vs 12 hellenic. RHN did not had ASDIC of course, but counted on its abvanced hydrophones and well trained personel.

A third 4.7" gun was also considered, in place of rear 2-pdr, which placed in rockets position. As I siad , Nestor 1940 is a never where project.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 19th, 2014, 6:20 pm
Continued a bit my Main Battle Tanks today. Please see here : http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =27&t=5809

Last edited by odysseus1980 on January 8th, 2015, 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 19th, 2014, 7:38 pm
Nice. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 73 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 171 72 73 74 75 76 »

Jump to: