Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 24  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1924 »
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: April 21st, 2015, 3:21 pm
Hi Voyager,

No problem, to be honest, I'm cheating with hindsight here - modern MBTs carry "Regenerative NBC" which is, I assume, more-or-less what I'd described (I guess it's easier to run a regenerative system and seal the crew compartment than to provide sufficiently good filters - I can't imagine a full-on NBC filter will be either cheap or small! - to keep out everything that might kill the crew)

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: April 21st, 2015, 6:39 pm
@Colosseum
If You were going to Polish school some years ago (before the recent string of educational reforms :roll: ) You'd have to read such things like Chłopi by Władysław Reymont or Nad Niemnem by Eliza Orzeszkowa and, assuming You'd actually read them instead of turning to summaries, this "wall of text" would be for You a short and enjoyable read. :lol:

@Ezgo394
Not "like everyone". I read it in one piece. Took me around two hours. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Conrad
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: April 22nd, 2015, 2:43 am
Sponge-like lifeform?

[Profile] [Quote]
Voyager989
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: April 22nd, 2015, 4:11 am
An opportunistic blood-sugar thief, filter-feeding, microbe-devouring, brain-altering symbiotic sponge-like lifeform, yes. Do the details really matter...?

[Profile] [Quote]
Conrad
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: April 22nd, 2015, 4:31 am
Since the details appear to be the basis of Californian identity and thus the entire AU, they would seem to matter a good deal more than the tedious minutiae of tank NBC systems.

If they don't matter, why mention a sponge at all?

[Profile] [Quote]
Voyager989
Post subject: Sponge, tl;dr versionPosted: April 22nd, 2015, 3:33 pm
The primary impacts of the Aururian parasite are that it supplants and replaces the immune system of its host, while also modifying the reproductive tract such that female-female reproduction is the only means of procreation for infected populations.

Due to the complexities of this method, the reproduction rate for the Aururians is very low - on the order of only 1.1 to 1.5 children per woman over their lifetime. This low population growth even in pre-modern times is the cultural driver for immigration that is seen throughout their history.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: April 24th, 2015, 4:53 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Conrad
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: April 24th, 2015, 6:42 am
[ img ]
Voyager989 wrote:
The primary impacts of the Aururian parasite are that it supplants and replaces the immune system of its host, while also modifying the reproductive tract such that female-female reproduction is the only means of procreation for infected populations.

Due to the complexities of this method, the reproduction rate for the Aururians is very low - on the order of only 1.1 to 1.5 children per woman over their lifetime. This low population growth even in pre-modern times is the cultural driver for immigration that is seen throughout their history.
Ah. Very much like female wraethru. Thank you for expounding. A unique AU is a gem to be treasured.

[Profile] [Quote]
Voyager989
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: April 25th, 2015, 2:08 am
These kitbashes are something I am much less sure on; the follow-on to the previous 'heavy' tank and creating a 'universal' series (such as it is), in both medium and heavy versions. Suggestions for edits are welcome - as I said, I'm not sure of these.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: April 25th, 2015, 5:22 am
Hmm, well I think in creating a "Universal tank" using a Konigstiger turret on a Conqueror hull seems a little derpy IMO :P . A "medium" would probably have a lighter main gun/turret/armor for enhanced speed and mobility, while the "heavy" variant would have a stronger weapon and can slug it out to an extent. Kind of like the Entwicklung series of tanks maybe?
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
I'd say some ideas could be:
1) Possibly use a centurion hull and use panzer turrets on them, such as the Schmalturm for a medium, then working your way up with larger turrets (since I see your tanks mostly are a mix of German and British)
2) Panzer hull with a British turret (maybe start with using one with a 17lber and then use different higher caliber guns?)
[ img ]
And maybe for some inspiration for frontal/rear mounted turrets look at these:
[ img ]
[ img ]
BUT, as for the drawings themselves and should you like to stick with them, the only thing I see are the shot traps at the turret ring towards the end of the turret. I'm definitely not trying to be super critical here, just trying to give you some ideas which I hope you can find helpful :)

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 24  [ 239 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1924 »

Jump to: