admiral_snow
Post subject: Re: Bangsamoro AUPosted: July 11th, 2021, 2:39 pm
Ro-Po Max wrote: *
Very nice Rajah :)
Thank you! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
pMASTER
Post subject: Re: Bangsamoro AUPosted: July 12th, 2021, 6:34 pm
Nice work so far, and I totally dig the setting. It's a challenge to invent a realistic response to Chinese expansionism. I'm looking forward to what else you'll come up with!

[Profile] [Quote]
admiral_snow
Post subject: Re: Bangsamoro AUPosted: July 12th, 2021, 10:34 pm
pMASTER wrote: *
Nice work so far, and I totally dig the setting. It's a challenge to invent a realistic response to Chinese expansionism. I'm looking forward to what else you'll come up with!
Thank you, I'll try my best to make this AU as realistic as possible.

[Profile] [Quote]
admiral_snow
Post subject: Re: Bangsamoro AUPosted: July 16th, 2021, 3:52 pm
Littoral Patrol Vessel

[ img ]

Increasing prevalence of piracy and seaborne terrorist attacks highlighted the need for a new class of patrol vessels to secure the Bangsamoro's littoral zones. In 2013, the Navy announced as part of a broader modernization program the plan to acquire at least 12 new littoral patrol vessels (LPVs), which would also replace the aging fleet of fast attack crafts. Funds originally allocated for the performance of SLEP on the Navy's FACs were diverted to the LPV project, and the official tender process started in 2017.

Despite receiving several offers abroad, the government pursued negotiations with the Turkish government for the LPVs. In 2018, during Prime Minister Murad Ebrahim's visit to Ankara, the bilateral agreement for the construction of an initial batch of 4 LPVs was finalized with the Turkish shipbuilder Dearsan, which offered an enlarged variant of the Turkish Tuzla class patrol boat. The initial 2 would be built in Turkey, while the rest will be built locally.

As of 2021, a pair was commissioned in service. The Navy is expected to order additional units in the future.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: