Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Richelieu180
Post subject: Zipang - JDS Mirai New VersionPosted: April 18th, 2022, 4:22 am
[ img ]

Well... Here is another work in progress. I don't know what will I say but....my work is in the picture above.

In the final chapter of Zipang, there is a ship portrayed that is launched and commissioned in the Maritime Self-defense Force. It has a resemblance to an Arleigh Burke IIA with an Atago main bridge and mast structure. According to Japanese Wikipedia, it's length must be 188 meters, however, I assume it is as same as Atago (since Arleigh Burke III is 167m/Arleigh Burke IIA is around 165m, not sure yet). Then new changes was made as I made a new colour palette for JMSDF gray based on JMSDF gray N4 that is available in the net.

Then, I use some finished works such as Sejong the Great, Atago, Arleigh Burke, and Maya to complement the main structures and parts of this drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Zipang - JDS Mirai New VersionPosted: April 18th, 2022, 8:40 am
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Zipang - JDS Mirai New VersionPosted: April 18th, 2022, 1:31 pm
You have forgot to change colors on your structure break lines, where surfaces change directions, they are now light grey, but should be in a dark grey, a darker color then the ship color it self.

And various weapons and electronics, should at least match in color with rest of the ship

[Profile] [Quote]
Richelieu180
Post subject: Re: Zipang - JDS Mirai New VersionPosted: April 19th, 2022, 2:27 pm
heuhen wrote: *
You have forgot to change colors on your structure break lines, where surfaces change directions, they are now light grey, but should be in a dark grey, a darker color then the ship color it self.

And various weapons and electronics, should at least match in color with rest of the ship
This is improvement...
[ img ]

Well....I had done change the the first mistake by your direction. However, I felt confused on the second one. In my work, I just change the colors of SPQ-62 since it is most obviously seen in every warships with it. But, there are many equipments that should change and others will retain. May I request to indicate which should be done in order to distinguish which should be color or not.

Thanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Zipang - JDS Mirai New VersionPosted: April 19th, 2022, 4:21 pm
Just changing colors isn't enough, you have to also change color on all details!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Richelieu180
Post subject: Re: Zipang - JDS Mirai New VersionPosted: April 20th, 2022, 11:13 am
heuhen wrote: *
Just changing colors isn't enough, you have to also change color on all details!

[ img ]
Improvement:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs”

Jump to: