Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
MattewEx
Post subject: Taiwan Maritime Defense Force AUPosted: March 13th, 2023, 12:53 am
Astute Class Corvette

[ img ]

Worklist:
-ROKN Ships
-ROKAF/RSAF Aircrafts
-Real/Never Built Argentinean aircrafts
Complete list here: http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10758

Last edited by MattewEx on March 13th, 2023, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Taiwan Maritime Defense Force AUPosted: March 13th, 2023, 1:40 am
Overall, it's a good designe, just some minor issues.

1. bow thruster is to far aft, it should be mounted in the bow, it's a big ship, the bow thruster is to move the bow, not the ship in the same way you can do on small boats.

An example on placement of bow thruster, see link bellow:
http://shipbucket.com/drawings/8374/file

2. Deck height, it do look okay, but I'll just double check you. Deck height consider the standard height + space for cables and other stuff. (I use personally 18px, because that give me a deck height of 2.7m, that gives around 30cm for cables and other things, but I do occasionally use 17px as deck height 2.6m)

3. Bridge windows. You should use black color, not a shading color on that. since going from superstructure to glass is a break in the surface.

4. I would personally use a darker grey color, to make the RHIB bay door stand more out, since it is a more significant cut into the superstructure and aren't usually flush with the hull.

5. Angles that have a direct break, should have a darker grey color marking the break. not a normal shading color. For example the front of the superstructure.

6. Shading under overhang could be a bit better, but I am not going to take you on that. (I usually use two different shading color for overhang, per the shipbucket standard for shading rule). But the shading under the helicopter deck, for the open deck, that could definitely have been done better.

7. Mooring. You need to add all the places morings is going trough. She can't more with magic. You need holes for the ropes aft and in the bow.

8. Radar mast. If there is an radar on the inside of that mast-tower top, then I do wonder if those "phase"-panels are in the way. But that depend on what type of radar it has. Because if those panels are the radar, then there is potential to save some weight buy reducing the mast size in it self, and improve the ship stability. But if there is an radar in there like on the Swedish Visby class, then those panels on the mast, might interfere with the radar inside.

9. Hangar. If the ship have an hangar, then I think you might have an clearance issue for the helicopter. Most ship usually make one of the deck a little taller, to accommodate an helicopter + service space. Even when a helicopter is folded, it isn't going to get any lower, just shorter. (But if the ship doesn't have an hangar and only a landing space, then we on Shipbucket vissualize it, buy having the helicoter hovering over the flight deck)

[Profile] [Quote]
MattewEx
Post subject: Re: Taiwan Maritime Defense Force AUPosted: March 13th, 2023, 3:13 pm
heuhen wrote: *
Overall, it's a good designe, just some minor issues.

1. bow thruster is to far aft, it should be mounted in the bow, it's a big ship, the bow thruster is to move the bow, not the ship in the same way you can do on small boats.

An example on placement of bow thruster, see link bellow:
http://shipbucket.com/drawings/8374/file

2. Deck height, it do look okay, but I'll just double check you. Deck height consider the standard height + space for cables and other stuff. (I use personally 18px, because that give me a deck height of 2.7m, that gives around 30cm for cables and other things, but I do occasionally use 17px as deck height 2.6m)

3. Bridge windows. You should use black color, not a shading color on that. since going from superstructure to glass is a break in the surface.

4. I would personally use a darker grey color, to make the RHIB bay door stand more out, since it is a more significant cut into the superstructure and aren't usually flush with the hull.

5. Angles that have a direct break, should have a darker grey color marking the break. not a normal shading color. For example the front of the superstructure.

6. Shading under overhang could be a bit better, but I am not going to take you on that. (I usually use two different shading color for overhang, per the shipbucket standard for shading rule). But the shading under the helicopter deck, for the open deck, that could definitely have been done better.

7. Mooring. You need to add all the places morings is going trough. She can't more with magic. You need holes for the ropes aft and in the bow.

8. Radar mast. If there is an radar on the inside of that mast-tower top, then I do wonder if those "phase"-panels are in the way. But that depend on what type of radar it has. Because if those panels are the radar, then there is potential to save some weight buy reducing the mast size in it self, and improve the ship stability. But if there is an radar in there like on the Swedish Visby class, then those panels on the mast, might interfere with the radar inside.

9. Hangar. If the ship have an hangar, then I think you might have an clearance issue for the helicopter. Most ship usually make one of the deck a little taller, to accommodate an helicopter + service space. Even when a helicopter is folded, it isn't going to get any lower, just shorter. (But if the ship doesn't have an hangar and only a landing space, then we on Shipbucket vissualize it, buy having the helicoter hovering over the flight deck)
Hi, thanks for the advices heuhen.

I've modified the bow thruster, addes some mooring and radar following what you said. Regarding points 2 and 9, i either didnt understand what you meant or you didnt saw the drawing (sorry if i sound harsh) The deck height is 18px, and i dont really see problem with the helipad and the hangar, it should theoretically fit a Bell 412 inside.

I wont take points 3-6, im aware some of the techniques used here are not "SB Standard" but as this is an Alt Universe drawing so i took some artistic liberties, i do try to follow when drawing Real Life ships but i find it restrictive so i kinda dont care about standards when drawing AU designs.

Worklist:
-ROKN Ships
-ROKAF/RSAF Aircrafts
-Real/Never Built Argentinean aircrafts
Complete list here: http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10758

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Taiwan Maritime Defense Force AUPosted: March 13th, 2023, 4:38 pm
That's totally okay

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs”

Jump to: